- Century City, Western Cape
Born out of a movement to draft the first national strategic plan for AIDS, NACOSA has played an important role in mobilising an effective, multi-sectoral response to HIV, AIDS and TB – South Africa’s main public health challenges. NACOSA is now a leading community service organisation, working collectively to build strong, equal and healthy communities free from the burden of HIV, AIDS, TB and GBV. We do this by strengthening community systems, mobilising and managing resources, facilitating networking and collaborations, providing and enabling access to services and advocating, learning and sharing collectively. NACOSA works at all levels – from international agencies, the corporate sector, research institutions and government, right though to local services and small, community groups.
The duties and responsibilities of the role will include but not limited to:
- Conduct regular organisational capacity assessments as per required timeline,
- Assist with the drafting of capacity building plans and the reporting back of the results of the assessments.
- Participate in the review of the Capacity Assessment Tool based on implementation feedback.
- Participate in the shortlisting and interviewing of selected mentor service providers.
- Be familiar with the scope of work for internal and external contracting service provider mentors.
- Offer mentoring sessions to CSOs on specific capacity elements not limited to Administration, Monitoring & Evaluation, Communication and Marketing domains.
- Facilitate training workshops as needed.
- Participate in the development and updates of mentoring tools and reporting templates.
- Provide support with mentoring challenges.
- Present the results of mentoring.
- Contribute to Programme reports as required.
- Prepare a monthly Mentor report.
- Attend and give input at all mentor feedback meetings.
- Attend all Provincial meetings.
- Attend the TI monthly update session.
Filing and administration
- Ensure the filing of all mentoring reports and contact registers in the correct electronic files.
- Update the monthly CSS combined Calendar of events.
- Bachelor of Social Sciences /Education or any related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years practical experience in organisational development training and or mentoring.
- Extensive knowledge of 2 or more of the following Organisational Development competence areas- organisational Governance leadership and sustainability; Human Resources, Financial Management; Project Management, Administration, Monitoring and Evaluation; Sustainability, Community systems and structures
- At least 5 years' work experience NGO sector
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet)
- Attention to detail, concern for order, quality and accuracy.
- Good team player and able to work well under pressure.
- Able to work independently; unsupervised.
- Display a sense of urgency and able to deliver upon defined strategic outcomes.
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Valid unendorsed driver's license and reliable own car able to use for work travel when needed (non-negotiable)
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks, consider your application as unsuccessful. NACOSA reserves the right not to make any appointment in this position.
- NACOSA respects the privacy of its stakeholders and will treat all personal information provided in line with our recruitment policy and in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act.