- Cape Town, ZA
- TFG Design Centre
Position Description :
An exciting position has arisen within the Design and Manufacturing Division, for a Trainee merchandiser for Sportscene. We are looking for a responsible, organised individual, who enjoys working in a team environment.
The main objective will be to merchandise plan the Replen process and do the raw material purchases required for these products.
Other responsibilities will include adherence and monitoring of all steps within the critical path and liaison with internal and external stakeholders.
Candidate should have strong communication skills and analytical abilities.
As a Trainee Merchandiser, your responsibilities will be :
- Financial and operational management of the full process
- Management of the range assortments offered
- Responsible for central liaison between all stakeholders i.e., Retail, internal design and manufacture departments, External vendors and central warehouses.
- Tertiary qualification in Clothing Production Management
- Internship concluded at a Retail Group / manufacturer.
- Practical knowledge of garment construction, fabrics and trims
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office
Competencies and behaviours for success :
- Ability to source and implement effective solutions in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent planning, organising and multi-tasking ability required
- High level of commitment and have the ability to work independently
- Have a high degree of decision making ability and be service orientated
- Interpersonal skills, assertive and able to communicate at all levels, as well as present to large groups
- Agility and team player mind-set a must
Preference will be given, but not limited to candidates from designated groups in terms of the Employment Equity Act.