Trade Marketing Coordinator
- Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
- Kagiso Media
- To plan, implement and manage Brand trade plans and adhoc activations.
- Responsible for ensuring all trade marketing activities are followed through from beginning to end.
- Plan & implement, including post event analysis of all long term and short-term trade marketing plans, activities and events in whatever market space these activities take place in (i.e. traditional or new media types). This includes East Coast Radio Internal, Head Office, Mediamark, Corporate and Trade Marketing plans.
- Contribute to Client pitches by collaborating with station’s creative, sales and marketing teams
- Ensure that marketing tools and output are well designed and aligned to the overall trade and internal marketing strategy and that it delivers on the Integrated Sales Strategy objectives each fiscal.
- Planning, collation and effective distribution and communication of all sales related collateral.
- Regular station updates/communication to sales/ media mark trade marketing
- Competitor activity update
- Identify opportunities for trade PR
- Manage Trade, Mediamark and HO birthdays, special occasions and invites to key events in conjunction with marketing
BRAND MANAGEMENT AND COMMUNICATION
- To develop and manage relationship with all shareholders and integrated sales teams (regional and Mediamark).
- To ensure that all communication to the trade is accurate, clear and meets the stated objectives.
ACCOUNTABILITY AND REPORTING
- Manage, budget and track plans and activations and deliver status reports, monthly reports and feedback on trade activity
- Assist Marketing and Commercial Managers in Trade Marketing and other duties as required
- Proactively identify and motivate opportunities aligned with the overall trade and internal marketing strategy
- Marketing/Advertising/Commercial/PR degree/diploma preferred
- 3 years related working experience required
- Experience in co-ordination or planning including events co-ordination
- Previous Marketing or PR experience
- Driver’s license and own vehicle
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Outlook
Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and telephonic (English)
- Strong interpersonal skills and team player
- Be able to make sound business decisions
- Punctual, reliable and efficient
- Highly organised / Good planning skills / Effective time-management skills
- Project Management Skills and the ability to implement projects through to completion
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure, as well as outside of the job description and meet deadlines
- Energetic, innovative, out-of-the-box thinker
- Hospitality skills