Tour Conductor for Southern Africa (German, French or Dutch speaking)
- Ventura TRAVEL
Join us at Ventura TRAVEL a group of specialized travel brands that unleash the adventurer in every person! Africaventura offers authentic, innovative, and sustainable travel experiences in Southern Africa.
We want our customers to enjoy the beauty of Africa while experiencing unique and unforgettable adventures.
As our Tour Conductor for Africaventura you will accompany our clients in their dream of discovering South Africa, Namibia or Botswana, as well as making their trip an unforgettable lifetime experience! You will join our team of passionate Tour Conductors and report to our TC Operations Specialist Johan.
The basics you bring along
- Advanced knowledge of the German, French or Dutch Language for communication with clients.
- A South African, Namibian or Botswana resident with a National Tour Guide license and PdP.
- Extensive knowledge of the flora and fauna, history, and current matters in Southern Africa.
- Good knowledge of German, French or Dutch culture and current matters.
- You are engaging, reliable and well organized.
- You are characterized by openness, cheerfulness, willingness to help, and a positive attitude.
You can impress us even more with
- Good English language communication skills.
- Good German, French and Dutch language communication skills.
- Passion to show the authenticity of South Africa, Namibia or Botswana.
- Our clients are more than just customers to you, you treat them like friends and make sure their trip with us will be the best experience they can have.
- You keep calm even when it gets stressful, act according to the protocol in special circumstances, and can help out with flexible solutions on your own.
- You are interested in sustainable, local & authentic travel.
- We prefer that you have some experience, but also welcome the newly graduate too!
What awaits you in your new job
- Being the leader of the trip : you will lead a group of travelers (small size 4-10 people) on a 2-3 weeks all-country trip and stay with the group as a host of the trip and the representative of our company.
- Providing clear information about the places we visit and conveying your enthusiasm for your fascinating country.
- Being the first personal contact for our customers in case of any problem during the trip.
- Ensuring the safety of our travelers and operating a smooth tour.
- In some cases, manage company's cash payment with the local partners.
- Help monitor that the services delivered by our partners meet our quality, safety, and sustainable standards.
- Simply having a good time and sharing it with people from German-speaking countries!
What we promise you
- Advance training and development program areas such as languages, history & cultural knowledge, new destination & travel product knowledge, safety & sustainability.
- Opportunity to participate in further education for Tour conductors within the company.
- Competitive salary for each tour, with an increased payment system based on performance.
- Additional earnings for taking over extra work before or after the tour.
- Further, career opportunities such as the possibility to become part of the operational team, travel coordinator for our tour guides, or conductor of research (inspection) trips.
- International & friendly working environment, with colleagues in South Africa, Germany, Asia, and South America who are a lot more than just co-workers.
Confidentiality & Diversity
Applications at Ventura TRAVEL are treated with strict confidentiality. We use a professional HR-Software that only grants access to your applications to HR, the Recruiting Manager, and the interviewers.
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion.