Technical Sales Representative - Phalaborwa
- Phalaborwa, Limpopo
- Phalaborwa, Limpopo
Job DescriptionTechnical Sales Representative Weir Minerals Phalaborwa Onsite Purpose of Role: The successful candidate will need to be energetic and have a passion for sales. They should be technically sound and ability to promote and generate new business from existing customers as well as growing the market share by providing value adding solutions to products and processes for our customers. Why choose Weir: Be part of a global organisation dedicated to building a better future: At Weir, the growing world depends on us. It depends on us constantly reinventing, quickly adapting and continually finding better, faster, more sustainable ways to access the resources it needs to thrive. And it depends on each of us doing the best work of our lives. It’s a big challenge – but it is exciting. An opportunity to grow your own way: Everything moves fast in the dynamic world of Weir. This creates opportunities for us to take on new challenges, explore new areas, learn, progress and excel. Best of all, there is no set path that our people must take. Instead, everyone is given the support and freedom to tailor-make their own career and do the best work of their lives. Feel empowered to be yourself and belong: Weir is a welcoming, inclusive place, where each individual’s contribution is recognized and all employees are encouraged to innovate, collaborate and be themselves. We continually focus on people and their wellbeing. We believe in fairness and choose to be honest, transparent and authentic in everything we do. Key Responsibilities:
- Safety First: Demonstrate 100% commitment to our zero harm behaviors in support of our drive towards developing a world class safety culture. Adhere to all Safety Health Environment (SHE) and housekeeping requirements at the branch and customer sites at all times. Adhere to Duty of Care Policy at all times.
- Customer support: providing world-class customer and technical support to clients with a high level of professionalism. Conduct sales calls and deliver impactful technical product presentations, demos and trials that clearly communicate the uniqueness of the value proposition. Travel extensively in the region to sell into new prospects, as well as farming back into existing customers. Submit quotations, tenders (where applicable), technical data, drawings and relevant information to customers within a reasonable period.
- Sales growth: Grow product installed base in region through upselling and cross-selling new products and services. Providing equal attention to established customers as to growing new business.
- Strategy: Gather market intelligence on customers and competitors to help identify and develop new markets, sales strategy and support accurate forecasting.
- National Diploma (Mechanical / Metallurgical Engineering) or any equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3 years’ related technical sales experience in a minerals processing equipment / mining environment
- Valid Driver’s licence – extensive travel to mining locations within the region is required
- Computer literate – Microsoft Office suite, CRM e.g. Salesforce (ERP Software e.g. SAP is advantageous)
- Understanding of Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and Integrated Solutions
- Proven sales track record
- Technical report writing experience
- You will be a proactive, confident and self-motivated individual that takes pride in the quality of work you deliver with the ability to work under pressure. You should possess solid communication, presentation, technical selling and negotiation skills, business acumen and exceptional customer relationship building skills including the ability to manage difficult customers and honour customer commitments. You should also have the ability to identify and solve problems in a timely manner.