TEAM LEADER : NACOSA
Job DescriptionJob Description
- Born out of a movement to draft the first national strategic plan for AIDS, NACOSA has played an important role in mobilising an effective, multi-sectoral response to HIV, AIDS, and TB – South Africa’s main public health challenges. NACOSA is now a leading community service organisation, working collectively to build strong, equal, and healthy communities free from the burden of HIV, AIDS, TB and GBV.
- NACOSA is looking for a suitably qualified candidates within Gauteng to support a team in the DREAMS programme focusing on the delivery of group-based interventions namely: No Means No, Sexual Reproductive Health, Social Asset Building and Mentorship. The positions will be available immediately.
- Grade 12
- Post matric qualification advantangeous.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in leading direct implementation teams working in the HIV prevention field in a target driven programme. Related work experience in the health and social development sectors, and preferably in the field of AGYW and/or survivors of sexual violence advantageous.
- Experience in direct implementation planning, logistical support and basic data collection/completeness checks is important.
- Well established community/stakeholder relationship building track record/ability to network and navigate communities.
- Problem solving skills and ability to think on their feet.
- Excellent communications skills in English, including the ability to guide implementers on implementation.
- Ability to work well in a team environment, person centered; possess leadership skills and qualities and be proactive.
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) with experience of web-based data systems
- Knowledge about: HIV prevention, sexual and reproductive health; HIV Testing Services; GBV programming; evidence-informed and rights-based programming for survivors of GBV, particularly for adolescent girls and young women.
- Driver’s license – Non-negotiable requirement.