- Matatiele, Eastern Cape+2 locations
About the job System Supervisor
To manage and supervise all relevant Point of Sale (POS) transactions ensuring total Customer satisfaction. Handle all Cash Office and banking processes and related Point of Sale (POS) Administrative functions.
- Grade 12 plus 5 (five) year related experience or minimum of 10 (ten) years work related experience
- Ability to communicate in English and the dominant language spoken in the geographical area where the position is available
- Above average numeric skills
- Proven ability to provide exceptional Customer service
- Proven ability to work under pressure
- Must be computer literate
- Previous Cashier experience
- Ensure that all speed point transactions, i.e. credit and debit card transactions are done effectively and efficiently.
- Be willing to assist Customers with their needs through clear and effective communication
- Assist the Customers with requests, queries and complaints and resolve or escalate to management
- Offer fast, friendly and efficient service to all Customers
- Control and ensure the availability of stationary and consumables, within the Store
Cash Handling and Banking
- Controlling of Store floats (Petty Cash, Till Floats, Change Floats)
- Change ordering and dispensing
- Balancing and recording of Petty Cash expenses and vouchers in the Petty Cash Ledger
- Processing Back Office transactions and Cashing up of Cashiers and the Back Office Till (e.g. Bulk Deposits, Special Deposits, Charge Cards, Loyalty Cards, and Returns etc.)
- Ensure that all returns are valid and done correctly
- Cash Clearance to be actioned and queries to be resolved
- Ensure pick-ups are done timely
- Carry out End of Day sessions on all Point of Sale (POS) terminals
- Daily Cash Up of all Point of Sale (POS) terminals including the Back Office terminal
- Ensure 2nd (second) Cashbuild designated Employee to be present with CIT money collection
- Ensure daily takings are collected by the Cash in Transit (CIT) Company.
Ready for Business
- Ensure Ready for Business processes implemented
- Ensure the Cashiers maintain their area of responsibility
- Ensure the Cash Office is neat and tidy at all times
- Only Cash Office related documentation within the Cash Office and that all documentation is filed neatly and that all filing is up to date
- Ensure that all Cashiers are present and available in their area of responsibility in order to assist Customers and perform all other responsibilities.
- Ensure Cashiers have a trained backup available
- Ensure Cashiers execute their daily duties. (Ready for Business and Beyond my Control checklists).
- Ensure scheduling of subordinates is done on time
- Take responsibility of Product Knowledge training to Cashiers as per Store Manager agreement
- Scheduling and supervising of all Point of Sale (POS) Employees. (Leave, Time Off, Day off etc.)
- Monitor and evaluate performance of subordinates
- Ensure all cashiers comply with the company dress code
Safety (OHSA) Requirements
- Ensure that safety standards are adhered to.
- Be aware of any suspicious people and / or activities. In the Store and outside.
- Password security
- Ensure that the Cash Office is secured
- Ensure that the Cash Office door is always locked when Pick-Ups, Cash-Ups, and Cash in Transit (CIT) collections are done
- Ensure till Pick ups are done within the set parameters
- No unauthorised persons allowed in the Cash Office
- Safe keys are locked away and in safe custody
- No Rations, stock, and unrelated documentation to be kept in the Cash Office.