Supervisor, Desktop Support
- Cape Town, Western Cape, ZA
Supervisor, Desktop Support
Desktop Support Supervisor Cape Town
Bringing smiles is what we do at TTEC for you and the customer. As a Desktop Support Supervisor working onsite in Cape Town, you'll be a part of creating and delivering amazing customer experiences while you also #experienceTTEC, an award-winning employment experience and company culture.
What You’ll be Doing
This position has overall responsibility for their assigned centers’ IT Operations & Management activities and processes required to deliver high service levels to both internal and external customers, optimizing the cost and promoting IT Service Excellence.
During a Typical Day, You’ll
- Manages the desktop deployment, health checks and business & technology operations’ day-to-day activities
- Take overall responsibility for Incidents and Service Requests that will affect site technology; Coordinate and engage Site IT resources in support of problem resolution during high-severity technology service interruptions and outages
- Manage stakeholder commitment and communications based on the direction provided by immediate manager; Liaises with business unit leadership to identify potential areas of innovation, optimization and automation
- Enforce compliance of company standards in areas of system deployment, technical documentation, hardware and software installation, Corporate Computer Security Policies and other regulatory compliance requirements
- Effectively manages training on new or customized processes and service portfolios
- Ensures compliance of all Scorecard Metrics as it relates to performance reviews; additionally, completes each of their team members performance evaluations as required
- Ensures all team members have clearly defined roles and expectations; hold team members accountable for actions resulting from quality of work
- Lead, coach and motivate team members on a proactive basis
- Performs other related functions as assigned by the immediate manager with a moderate level of supervision
What You Bring to the Role
- BA / BS Degree with preference for a Technical or Business field of study; or 3 5 years of equivalent work experience
- Proven experience of working in a BPO and customer relationship management environment capacity (IT service management, staff performance management / coaching, and business continuity and planning).
- Some level of proficiency in one or more of the following IT Operations : Event Management, Incident Management, Problem Management, Request Fulfillment, Access and Change Management, Capacity and Availability Management, IT Service Reporting Services
- Strong communication skills (oral and written), interpersonal, customer service, time management, organizational and negotiating skills
- Must have at least 2yrs experience in a leadership / mentorship capacity; contain a high level of maturity and skills in dealing with people
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, etc)
What You Can Expect
- Supportive of your career and professional development
- An inclusive culture and community minded organization where giving back is encouraged
- A global team of curious lifelong learners guided by our company values
- Ask us about our paid time off (PTO) and wellness and healthcare benefits
- And yes... a great compensation package and performance bonus opportunities, benefits you'd expect and maybe a few that would pleasantly surprise you
Visit mybenefits.ttec for more information.
A Bit More About Your Role
We'll train you to be a subject matter expert in your field, so you can provide exceptional service whether through voice, chat or email interactions.
We trust you already have the necessary ingredient that can't be taught a caring and supportive nature to shine through as you help customers.
You'll also have a chance to make great new friends within the TTEC community and grow your career in a dynamic, family-friendly atmosphere.
You'll report to Executive Director, Systems & Software. You'll contribute to the success of the customer experience and the overall success of the team.