Sudanese Arabic Language Consultant
- Cape Town, South Africa
- VoxCroft Analytics
VoxCroft Analytics uses artificial intelligence and human expertise to build technology with wide-ranging applications. Among these are language solutions for low-density languages, particularly in Africa.
One of our current projects requires good-quality bilingual data to feed into our models. We are looking for language consultants for Sudanese Arabic.
The consultants must :
- be mother tongue speakers of this language;
- hold a degree in translation, linguistics, or a related field and
- must display expertise in their mother tongue's written and grammatical structures.
Successful applicants will be required to assist with the following :
- Work with the project team to develop a testing mechanism for linguists who will work on this project,
- Respond to language-related queries from the project team,
- Provide feedback on quality-related matters as prompted by the project team.
On average, this role will require about 15 hours per month for the duration of the contract, but more time will be required at the beginning during the test creation phase.
Interested candidates are asked to submit their CVs and a cover letter explaining how they meet this project's requirements and noting their hourly rate for this work.
All applications must be submitted no later than 24 March 2023.