- Moretele, North West+1 location
NACOSA is looking for a suitably qualified candidate within South Africa to support the implementation of a 3-year grant (until March 2025), under the Adolescent Girls & Young Women (AGYW) SIB programme in North-West (Moretele) Province, the successful candidate will support the management of the AGYW programme; focusing on the delivery of AGYW care and support prevention programmes. The programme will be implemented on District Level.
The key performance areas of the role are:
- Responsible to ensure and coordinate all functions necessary to the successful implementation of the grant at sub-district level.
- Manage the clinical, school-based programme and psycho-social support implementers at local level.
- Provide programmatic guidance to implementing partners to ensure programme quality.
- Monitor and analyze the programme performance of implementing partners and provide course correction where needed.
- Provide programmatic guidance to implementing partners to ensure programme quality and advise on corrective measures to be implemented if and when necessary to ensure achievement of agreed upon deliverables.
- Coordinate procurement and spending activities for the district and work with programme management and finance teams to ensure these are in line with programme budget and NACOSA procurement policies.
- Working closely with Clinical teams to ensure that the clinical services are implemented fully.
- Identify capacity needs and facilitate the provision of capacity building to implementing partners to strengthen programme quality and performance.
- Represent NACOSA at partner meetings at district level.
- Network with and build strategic alliances and relationships with key provincial and district stakeholders with government and non-governmental partners, including DREAMS partners.
- Produce written reports and presentations on programme objectives, implementation plans, and performance as may be needed by the Programme Manager.
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Social Science/Public Health or related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years specific HIV prevention related work experience in the health and social development sectors, and preferably with experience for the AGYW population group
- Experience in programme planning, implementation, management and M&E, including management of outsourced partners.
- Knowledge about: HIV prevention, sexual and reproductive health; HIV Testing Services; AGYW programming; evidence-informed and rights-based programming for survivors of GBV, particularly for adolescent girls and young women; functioning of Thuthuzela Care Centre's; the relevant national and provincial policies and guidelines pertaining to GBV and HIV services.
- Work experience in any of the targeted districts in the relevant province.
- Excellent communications skills in English, including the ability to guide implementers and service providers on the programme.
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) with some experience of ability to create graphs, flow diagrams and GANTT charts.
- Must be highly organised, deadline driven and efficient with planning skills and a proactive and positive approach.
- Ability to work well in a team environment, and to coordinate multiple inputs to tight deadlines, with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be a human rights advocate with excellent advocacy skills and experience
- Willingness to travel extensively and a valid South African driver's licence.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks, consider your application as unsuccessful. NACOSA reserves the right not to make any appointment in this position.
- NACOSA respects the privacy of its stakeholders and will treat all personal information provided in line with our recruitment policy and in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act.