Starke Ayres Seed Packer : Plennegy (PTY) ltd
- Kempton Park, Gauteng
- Plennegy (PTY) ltd
A role has become available for a Seed Packer in our Warehouse based in Kempton Park. The purpose of this role is to ensure that seed received at the Work Station is cleaned and/or packed down in line with company policies and procedures and that cleaned and packed seed is presented for final packing and/or check weighing.
Duties and Requirements
- Complete relevant areas on Job Card before each seed lot is processed/packed down.
- Receive seed lots for processing, packing and/or check weighing at the relevant workstations.
- Check/verify quantities, kinds, varieties, and lot numbers of seed received for processing, packing and/or weighing against the information contained on the relevant job card.
- Place processed/treated seed into applicable packaging according to prescribed procedures by hand or by means of operating the relevant equipment.
- Accurately weigh / check-weigh containers according to prescribed procedures.
- Close and label containers of processed/treated seed according to prescribed procedures.
- Stack/pack containers with processed/treated seed according to prescribed procedures.
- Sign off each area of responsibility on the Job Card after having completed every step relevant to seed cleaning, treating, packing, weighing, closing, labeling and stacking.
- Assist with the sealing (when applicable) of processed/treated seed lots according to prescribed procedures, once quality results are known.
- Complete relevant fields on the Job Card / Checklists before each seed lot is cleaned, treated / or packed down.
- Ensure that all procedures as per checklists are followed accurately.
- Thoroughly clean all equipment before and after each operation, ensuring no traces or residue of seed lots previously worked/packed.
- Present documentation (Job Card) to Manager / Supervisor for final reconciliation, approval and signing off.
- In conjunction with Manager / Supervisor, Ensure calibration and settings of all machines and equipment.
- Ensure that all markings, coding and labeling on packed seed are accurate and in line with quality specifications.