Specialist: SAP Functional (Procurement
- South Africa
About the position
Specialist: SAP Functional (Procurement)
To provide expertise, advice and support to develop operational plans/or associated service delivery processes, by providing support on SAP MM/SRM/E-Sourcing and SLC processes module from technical and initial enhancements to the system, in order to continuously enhance service delivery.
Support clients with high complexity requirement analysis and systems configuration, implementation, and support of respective SAP modules. This role uses consulting skills, business knowledge, and SAP solution experience to effectively integrate SAP technology into the client’s business environment in order to achieve client expected business results.
Education and Experience
- Relevant Bachelor's Degree / Advanced Diploma (NQF 7) Information Technology, Computer Science, Commercial, Management and Engineering Bachelor's Degree
- Advanced Diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science, Commercial, Management and Engineering AND 5-7 years' experience in SAP MM/SRM/E-Sourcing and SLC, of which 2-3 years ideally at functional specialist level.
- Senior Certificate (NQF 4) AND 10 years SAP MM/SRM/E-Sourcing and SLC experience.
Minimum Functional Requirements
Applicable Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent NQF 7: Information Tech, Computer Science, B-Com, Finance, Management and Engineering. At least 5 years SAP experience and knowledge of key integration points between SAP modules.
- Relevant SAP module analysis, design configuration experience
- Experience and knowledge of key integration points between SAP modules
- Relevant SAP module functional training or certification
- SAP Procurement Configuration Skills
- Perform high complex tasks during the implementation and support of various SAP modules to enhance the business functionality and overall performance, while maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Carry out high complex assignments requiring the development of new or improved procedure.
- Analyse requirements, perform configuration enhancements, and testing in various SAP Modules such as Finance, Human Resources, Procurement, Revenue Management, Governance, Application Lifecycle Management, cloud solutions, etc.
- Analyse the current business processes and scenarios of the client and recommend/develop solutions to meet the clients need.
- Support the successful implementation of SAP applications, providing functional expertise, presentation, and advise on SAP products to clients.
- Perform in-depth analysis of the current business processes and scenarios of the client then recommend or configure solutions to meet the client’s needs according to industry best practices.
- Acts as liaison with client for troubleshooting: investigate, analyse, and solve SAP related application problems and map client business requirements, processes and objectives and develop necessary product modifications to satisfy clients' needs.
- Incident Resolution for severity 2 and 3 issues and assist with Business escalations for issues raised.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the organization and adhere to all organizational standards.
- Provide guidance and leadership to junior resource within area of work/expertise.
- Ensure that completed work adhere to relevant policies, procedures, governance and legislative requirements and report on deviations & discrepancies.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with peers and the company role players to achieve predefined objectives.
- Accumulate information to review work progress that provides input to reporting, decision making and the identification of improvement opportunities.
- Apply practical and applied knowledge and act authoritatively on methods, systems and procedures to identify trends and potential risks.
- Communication of situational interpretation and judgement of work outputs and queries in area of specialisation.
- Correctly apply policies, practices, standards, procedures and legislation in the delivery of work outputs.
- Draw on own knowledge and experience to diagnose symptoms, causes and possible effects in order to solve emerging problems.
- Initiate process and procedural change, implement the change and provide guidelines and support related to new requirements as a result of the change.
- Plan for value-added process improvements, initiatives and services to deliver on operational strategy and objectives.
- Execute specialist input through investigation &opportunities within the product process including risk concern.
- Provide specialist input through the investigation of opportunities for operational and process product and risk optimisation.
- Implement and provide input into the development of governance, compliance, integrity and ethics processes within area of specialisation.
- Maintain professional interaction and ensure ethical dealings with stakeholders at all times.
- Integrate new knowledge attained through formal and informal learning opportunities in the execution of your role.
- Drive own performance & provide specialist support & advice to achieve specified objectives against required targets, deadlines and quality standards.
- Integrate new knowledge attained through formal and informal learning opportunities and apply in the execution of your job. Search for, integrate and share new knowledge attained through formal and informal learning opportunities in the execution of your job.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with peers and team members to achieve predefined objectives.
- Adhere to organisational policies and procedures to ensure cost effectiveness and reduction of financial costs.
- Adhere to specified standards, policies and procedures (SOPs) to prevent wastage on resources and escalate associated risks.
- Contribute to a culture of service excellence, which builds positive relationships and provides opportunity for feedback and exceptional service.
- Provide authoritative, specialist services, expertise and advice to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure client satisfaction by delivering a service that is consistent, seamless and error free.
- Provide authoritative, specialist expertise and advice to internal and external customers.
- Fairness and Transparency
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Ability
- Honesty and Integrity
- Honesty and Integrity
- Problem Solving and Analysis
- Attention to Detail
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Building Sustainability
- Functional Policies and Procedures
- IT Knowledge
- Business Knowledge
- Efficiency improvement
- GOC: Confidential
- Configuration & Opt (IT)
- SAP MM