Sourcing Specialist, Procurement
- Johannesburg, Gauteng 2001
- Standard Bank Group
Job DescriptionCompany Description Standard Bank Group is a leading Africa-focused financial services group, and an innovative player on the global stage, that offers a variety of career-enhancing opportunities – plus the chance to work alongside some of the sector’s most talented, motivated professionals. Our clients range from individuals, to businesses of all sizes, high net worth families and large multinational corporates and institutions. We’re passionate about creating growth in Africa. Bringing true, meaningful value to our clients and the communities we serve and creating a real sense of purpose for you.
To manage the allocated category of commodity by identifying go-to-market strategies, identifying commodity-specific Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment complaint suppliers and developing and implementing the commodity Sourcing plans, in partnership with the Procurement Business Partnering team, to minimise Procurement costs and optimise benefits for the Standard Bank Group (SBG) while enabling the achievement of Preferential Procurement targets.
Type of Qualification: Post Graduate Degree
Field of Study: Purchasing and Procurement
Other Minimum Qualifications, Certifications or Professional Memberships: Member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (MCIPS) or Member of the Professional Body for Supply Chain Management (SAPICS)
5-7 years experience in commodity sourcing, with accountability for a category of goods and/or services. A proven track record in procurement contracting with strong negotiation skills. An ability to effectively communicate with multiple and varied internal and external stakeholders.
Sourcing commodity knowledge with specific focus on Banking Operations, Real Estate, Logistics, and Engineering.
- Producing Outputs
- Providing Insights
- Taking Action
- Team Working
- Upholding Standards
Procurement Process - Knowledge and application of the SAP vendor management modules and the supporting business processes.
- Supplier Relationship Management - Knowledge and application of tools and methods to monitor the effective delivery of suppliers and to gain maximum value from supplier services.
- Value Identification - The ability to identify value creation opportunities and build implementation business cases.
- Deal Negotiation - The ability to lead and direct the negotiation strategy, select the deal team and drive the negotiation of terms and conditions of purchases the Bank needs to make for goods or services.
- Operational Contract Management - The ability to develop and issue contracts in a tool based environment using standard templates and pre-defined parameters.
- Procurement Knowledge - Knowledge of procurement policies and procedures and ability to procure high-quality products and services for the Bank on advantageous terms.