Solution Architect - Salesforce Industries (South Africa)
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryCustomer Success Group
Salesforce Professional Services focuses on delivering strategic engagements that define transformational opportunities and articulate clear plans for execution of change programs. We rely on our team’s expertise and specialisms to engage with executive-level customers to agree on specific business goals and actions to ignite the full value of Salesforce. Our approach considers people, process, and technology — and a successful engagement includes recommendations to the business for change to support deeper, more relevant use of the Salesforce platform.
Salesforce Industries brings the most complete and innovative suite of industry-focused, customer-centric & omnichannel solutions. These industry-specific capabilities as out-of-the-box products with 3 fundamental layers:
- An extensive data model
- A complete set of business processes and integrations.
- A full range of omnichannel experiences and apps (including sales, marketing, service, enterprise product catalog, CPQ, contract management, order management and commerce solutions).
Are you passionate about Customer Success and would you like to work at the forefront of Digital Innovation at one of the most exciting CRM companies?
Salesforce Solution Architects collaborate with our most strategic customers and partners and build valuable relationships both internally and externally. They will have end-to-end functional responsibility for all aspects of the enterprise level solutions implementation (from initial requirements gathering till go-live).
These individuals lead consultative engagements with sophisticated Telco&Media customers, partnering with key stakeholders to build compelling visions while advising and completing strategies. They are also responsible for viable solution options, providing industry best practices, formulating and presenting solution options to various levels of management and influencing decisions that result in customer success.
Solution Architects can communicate effectively to various audiences in the forms of architectural and/or process diagrams or flows, functional capabilities, business process efficiencies, and business value realisation and is the trusted advisor for business and technology partners. Finally, with experience in software delivery cycles based on agile methodologies, architects support and are in close alignment with project management activities.
Solution Architects are strong presenters and facilitators, acquiring customer acceptance by understanding and delivering the right strategic vision, and driving the difficult conversations vital to implement business strategies. They are proficient at analyzing issues and obstacles to understand root cause(s), weighing options, choosing appropriate courses of action, and measuring and revising strategy based on results.
- Lead customers on their process, business and technical challenges ensuring balanced, scalable, and standard methodology solutions that meet and exceed customer needs while building sustainable relationships with them and team members
- Where required, act as lead architect for the overall engagement by coordinating and aligning work of multiple architects and consultants on the team
- Align with project and engagement managers, Salesforce partners and other (internal) partners to support planning and implementation in close collaboration with the customer
- Understand and present high-level overviews of the Salesforce Core & Industries functionality and features
- Where required, perform hands-on application configuration (clicks not code) to meet customer needs
- Identify, lead or contribute to internal pivotal initiatives to grow the consulting practice, such as internal innovations, building up a strategic brand, and increasing teammates' skills by knowledge sharing
- Contribute to broader goals by giving back to our communities by joining or leading volunteering activities
- Occasionally support pre-sales activity to position successful delivery of Salesforce solutions from a content perspective
- Deep functional and business knowledge of industries/verticals Telco and Media
- Exposure to CRM (sales, service, marketing)
- Understand customer's processes and connect business requirements with the functional capabilities of the application
- Extensive experience in the assessment of business objectives, formulating solution options, and driving partner support as well as with software implementation lifecycle with ability to support project planning
- Having an effective communication skills across a variety of audiences and situations
- Ability to coach and influence internal and customer partners and project members as well as to quickly learn & adapt to new situations
- Proficiency in English language
- Available to travel regionally and occasionally internationally depending on customer needs
- Experience in customer requirements and architecture analysis in addition to High Level and Low Level Design
- Relevant Salesforce certifications and consulting experience are a plus but not required
- Experience with Agile methodologies and frameworks (such as SAFE), Business Process analysis and design background
- Experience collaborating with strategic delivery teams
- Experience with increasing responsibility and guidance of junior consultants
- Degree Preferred
Benefits & Perks:
Check out our benefits site ( https://salesforcebenefits.com/international.html ) that explains our various benefits, including wellbeing reimbursement, generous parental leave, adoption assistance, fertility benefits, and more.
Visit for the full breakdown!
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form .
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce, Inc . and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce, Inc . and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce, Inc . and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce, Inc . or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.