Site Coordinator - PWUD
- Johannesburg, Gauteng
- Anova Health Institute NPC
Anova is an NGO that empowers people and changes lives. Good health and quality of life is what motivates us to provide healthcare solutions and support for those who need it most.Jab Smart is an Anova project that was set up 2017 to respond to the specific needs of People Who Use Drugs (PWUD) in the City of Johannesburg (COJ). As part of the key population group, PWUD’s are at high risk of HIV infection and transmission, and high levels of stigma and discrimination. As a result, the Jab Smart peer-led project delivers comprehensive healthcare and psychosocial support services to the PWUD’s. The project is implemented together with the COJ Health District, and it is supported by Global Fund through its partner NACOSA. Anova is looking for a Site Coordinator to be responsible for the day-to-day management of all the site activities, including providing HTS services, engaging and sensitising stakeholders on the PWUD project, conducting outreach, providing harm reduction services, dealing with human rights violations, mobilising and referring potential clients for Opioid Substitution Therapy (OST), and linkage of PWUD’s for further treatment and care.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and manage the team at the site.
- Identify, maintain and look for new sites.
- Coordinate activities towards testing people.
- Coordinate HTS activities towards finding newly diagnosed HIV positive people.
- Ensure that HIV positive people are initiated on ART.
Opioid Substitution Therapy
- Coordinate OST activities towards initiating new clients.
- Coordinate logistics to ensure clients are retained in care.
Project Administration & Support
- Ensure project assets and records are daily monitored.
- Vehicles are managed as per Anova policy, logbooks filled, and assets registers updated and submitted monthly, quarterly, or as and when required.
- Ensure that supplies inventory is done and submitted monthly.
- Ensure that the team completes sign in/out register daily.
- Ensure timesheets are completed and submitted by the 1st of each month.
- Represent Anova in funders, regional, partners and community meetings.
- Attend operational meetings and feedback to all relevant parties.
- Ensure that site forms are completed correctly before submission.
- Submit daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports or as and when required.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required
- Degree in Social Work, Nursing, Psychology or any relevant Social Science degree.
- Knowledge of DoH policies and strategies on HIV/AIDS/TB/HTS
- 1 year experience working on HIV/AIDS or TB Programmes
- Driver’s license with PrDP
- Willing to go for a driver’s assessment every 3 years
- Training in Basic HAST, HIV Counselling, Adherence Counselling
- 2 years project management/ coordination skills are essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Computer literate on Ms Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), etc.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Willing to travel to various communities as and when required
- Previously worked with key populations, especially PWUD Community
Closing date: 17 February 2023
In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
Anova Health Institute is a provider of essential health services and therefore has a mandatory vaccination policy. Should your application be successful, you will be required to submit your proof of vaccination before commencing employment in the role.
Applicants who have not been contacted within 4 weeks of submitting their application should assume that they have not been successful.
Unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be paid agency fees should their candidate be placed at Anova.
For more information on Anova visit our website: www.anovahealth.co.za