Senior Specialist: Pricing
- South Africa
- MultiChoice Group
Job DescriptionDesignation: Senior Specialist: Pricing
Category: MultiChoice South Africa
Closing date: 07 Feb 2023
Position Type: Permanent
Location: MultiChoice City
The MultiChoice Group is a multinational media and entertainment group headquartered in South Africa, Dubai and the Netherlands with principal operations in pay television, video entertainment, advertising and content security. Brands within the Group include DStv, GOtv, SuperSport, M-Net, DStv Media Sales, Showmax and European-based content security leader Irdeto. We’re proud to say we serve 20 million subscribers across more than 50 African markets, with a successful history of identifying and adapting to industry trends, allowing us to continuously deliver the best in entertainment.
By joining our passionate and creative team, you can help us achieve our objectives of expanding our pay-TV and SVOD (Subscription Video On demand) subscriber bases, improving advertising sales, spearheading cutting-edge technology, supporting local content and providing an exceptional customer experience.
Join Africa’s most loved storyteller!
Key Performance Areas
Management of Data Analysis for Pricing Purposes
- Manage all data analyses and processes that underpin the pricing process across Linear, Hybrid (OTT) & Digital platforms across the various market territories in Africa.
- Develop and manage the reporting and analytics to support the various products and packages in these portfolios
- Conduct customer centric post-campaign analyses that provide real insights on campaign performance, depict the value delivered to clients and encourage future sales.
- Build data banks to drive strategic insights for strategic pricing
Pricing Process & Product development & Implementation
- Regulate rates based on economic conditions, competitor activity and market conditions across linear, hybrid and digital platforms across the various countries (markets).
- Develop appropriates products to monetise and encourage incremental revenue generation
- Drive communication for agreed rates and packages to both internal and external clients
- Ensure that agreed rates are implemented as planned across the business
- Stay abreast of current industry trends, competitor activity in the video entertainment space and their respective offers in the market to ensure DMS remains relevant and competitively priced
- Compile all relevant reports that inform and track the impact of the DMS pricing process
- Present findings to DMS management, highlighting resultant impact to business and recommending solutions where required
Rate Card Development
- Work closely with MultiChoice CII, VOD as well as any relevant GE; Sport &/or digital teams to stay abreast of all new developments on content for push/pull schedules and timeously identify all new events that need to be priced and included in the various rate cards
- Manage the production and provision of all files that input into the rate card development process
- Ensure that monthly channel pricing grids are communicated on time with the marketing team and all relevant stakeholders, including 3rd party software suppliers
- Develop and manage key stakeholder relationships across the business with both internal and external clients as well as key partners and alliances
- Understand the primary needs of each stakeholder and partner to close any gaps
- University degree in Business Analytics; Actuarial Sciences; Mathematics or any other relevant qualification
- Post-graduate degree would be advantageous
Experience and Technical Competencies
- 5-8 years’ experience in Media Product Pricing
- Good understanding of advertising and media in SA and Africa
- Experience in the use of industry tools and resources, i.e., Telmar, Arianna, GAM etc.
- A sound understanding of the South African media industry & Sub Saharan Africa media landscape across platforms, especially but not limited to TV, radio, digital
- Advanced proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Strong written, presentation, and verbal communication skills are necessary