Senior Professional Nurse Occupational Health
- Rustenburg, North West 0300
- De Beers Group of Companies
-Join us at our Rustenburg operations as Senior Professional Occupational Health Nurse where you will be responsible for providing quality medical occupational nursing care to all patients to establish the physical, psychological and social well-being of patients, and supervise nurses.
You’ll look after our most important resource. Our people.
Skilled colleagues and motivated teams are the life force of Anglo American because – guided by our purpose and our values – we enable both high performance and purposeful action as we aim to “re-imagine mining to improve people’s lives".
Our Platinum business mines, processes, and refines the entire range of platinum group metals (PGMs): platinum, palladium, rhodium, ruthenium, iridium and osmium. We are the world’s leading primary producer of PGMs, which have a range of specialized applications that improve lives across the world, from vehicle fuel cells to jewellery; dentistry to glassmaking; pacemakers to petroleum refining.
-As a Senior Professional Occupational Health Nurse your responsibilities will include:
- Conduct pre-employment medical examination and transfer medicals in accordance to medical examination protocols.
- Provide a baseline health status and determining fitness for duty.
- Conduct periodic health screening to detect early signs of target organ damage related to specific health hazard exposure.
- Identify and ensure early and prompt intervention measures to affected employees and referrals to appropriate functionaries.
- Report and assist on all injuries on duty and occupational diseases.
- Conduct exit medicals to detect and exclude possible occupational diseases related to occupational exposure.
- Follow organisational standards and procedures for medical surveillance process.
- Assess the ability to work and the health status of an employee/client.
- Assess, monitor and provide support to patients with medical problems impacting on work ability.
- Provide input into incident investigations.
- Recommends to the OMP any issue/IOD’s/incidents that transpired at the OHC.
- Communicates and compiles reports related to medical surveillance/occupational injuries and diseases to the relevant internal and external stakeholders/departments.
- Act in line and support a purpose-led, high performing culture, applying the company values and principles of inclusion and diversity,
- Act as a role model and actively engage as a team member in all team processes.
- Set clear and consistent expectations. Embrace and encourage feedback, and constantly strive for improvements by engaging with teams to gain feedback and suggestions.
- Lead day to day communications with teams.
- Perform daily planning of activities and tasks to ensure timeous completion of tasks ahead of deadlines.
This role is in the - Safety, Health & Asset Reliability department at a Band 8 level reporting to the Chief Professional Nurse.
- Diploma or Degree in Nursing
- B.Tech Occupational Health Nursing
- Registered with South African Nursing Council
- Dispensing licence (where applicable to operation)
- Health Services Management certificate or equivalent will be advantageous
- Certificate in Audiometry, Spirometry, Vision and VCT
- 3 to 5 years’ experience as an Occupational Health Nurse within the mining or industrial environment
- Registered with the South African Society of Occupational Health Nursing would be advantageous
- Health Services Management certificate or equivalent would be advantageous
- Must have excellent people Skills, writing and administration skills
- Communication skills and critical thinking
- Must have a Driver’s license
- Computer proficiency
- Certificate of Fitness
-What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package, but more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We are a large, successful multinational company – and we are still growing all the time.
Who we are
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine. We work together with our key partners and stakeholders to unlock the sustainable value that those resources represent for our shareholders, the communities and countries in which we operate and for society at large. Anglo American is re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
Successful candidates will be required to complete background screening which may include a criminal check and validation of qualifications.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
Closing date: 20 February 2023