Senior Legal Advisor
- Cape Town, Western Cape
The Faircape Group constitutes a group of companies with interests in a number of activities including Telecommunications, fibre provisioning, an ISP, Water and Electricity Utility Management and infrastructure installation, Property Management and related activities.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Legal Advisor to join our Legal Department based in Claremont, Cape Town.
The various divisions that you will be involved with are inclusive of:
- Faircape Property Management Services
- Faircape Commercial Leasing
- Faircape Sales and Leasing
- Faircape Financial Services
- Water Utility Management
- CCTV Technologies
- Faircape Laundry
To read more about the above mentioned divisions please click here: https://faircape.co.za/
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Working closely with the CEO to understand the Group’s strategy and to identify potential risks or issues;
- Assist in documenting policies and processes to ensure the effective operation of the Group;
- Responsible for identifying legal risk and compliance and ensuring that same is implemented and managed effectively;
- Taking instructions and drafting lease agreement, addenda cession and assignment of leases, renewal of lease agreement, etc.;
- Participate in lease negotiations. Managing tenants arrears, litigation process, settlement proposal and collection of arrears;
- Drafting and reviewing of commercial property contracts within the Group
- Manage the execution of purchase and sale agreements including the transfer of residential / sectional title and commercial properties.
- Draft and review legal agreements.
- Preparation of legal advice based on sound legal research;
- Liaising with Attorneys on all legal matters, including conveyancing;
- Drafting of Fibre Installation and other IT based agreements (ie. High Site Agreements), Shareholders Agreements, Service Level Agreements and other relevant agreements required;
- Amending / improving existing agreements to ensure they are compliant and up-to-date with latest laws and operational requirements;
- Managing tenant arrears and / or collections including issuance of letters of demand, drafting or summons/rent interdict and execution thereof.
- Managing litigation processes, settlement proposals, High Court work including briefing Advocates and Attorneys and closely managing the Group and it’s client’s extensive portfolio of debt collection.
- Remain abreast of all changes in the legal, tax and corporate governance in South Africa and internationally.
- Provide technical input on proposed changes to legislation ie. Community Schemes Ombud Service Act regulations.
- Advise management of changes in legislation and implementation of same;
- Vetting of marketing material and external communications (including website and disclaimers)
- Attending the Masters office, Deeds office, CSOS, CCMA, City of Cape Town if required
- Completing jotforms after agreements signed to ensure accounts bill correctly
- Scanning, saving docs to google drive and entering salient points on tracking sheet
- Ensuring agreements are signed and tracked through to completion.
- Uploading links to all signed agreements to Legal Library
- Revising templates and updating version control.
- LLB degree
- Admitted attorney
- Qualified Conveyancer advantageous
Experience and knowledge
- 3+ years similar experience within a law firm or corporate environment
- Conveyancing / Property experience advantageous
- Commercial drafting experience beneficial
Skills and Attributes
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multitask
- Logical, systematic and methodical approach to work
- Flexible in picking up responsibilities related to legal
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong mediation skills and ability to settle disputes
- Creative and innovative
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and produce quality work within deadlines set
- Own transport
- Clear health record
- Clear credit record
- No criminal record
- Contactable and positive references
We offer Barista produced coffee available all day to all our staff at Claremont.
Normal working hours are Mondays to Fridays from 08h00 until 17h00 with a 45-minute lunch break. The company allows employees, by approval of the direct manager, to work flexi-time between 07h00 and 18h00.
With centrally located and modern offices just across from Cavendish in Claremont, Faircape offers a market-related salary from R 60 000.00 Cost to Company per month. The amount offered will be dependent on qualifications, experience, and other market-related factors.
To see more about Faircape and what we have to offer go and look at our wonderful website - https://faircape.co.za/
To learn more about Faircape, please see below a link to our Magazine -
Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful._
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: R780,000.00 per year