Senior Graphics Designer and Marketin
- Westlake (Westlake Estate), Western Cape
- Humanity SA
About the position
My client based in Westlake, Cape Town is seeking a seasoned Senior Graphic Designer with solid experience in Tech Pack, Product Development, Social Media / Websites, Marketing / Events.
Duties & Responsibilities
Marketing & Media:
- Maintain software licensing / domain credentials relating to marketing and graphic design.
- Identify relevant advertising opportunities and implement.
- Conceptualize / design and schedule advertisements, across various mediums.
- Maintain and create content across the various social media platforms.
- Maintain and optimise websites.
- Conceptualise & Design:
- Research product trends and remain current on customer hand writing and brand following.
- Mock-ups by CAD and approval of pre-shipment product.
- Product development, packaging and merchandising solutions.
- Improvements to existing products, packaging and merchandising solutions.
- Instruction manuals and companywide graphic literature.
- Customer sales presenters and factory briefs.
- Resource Responsibilities:
- Manage and co-ordinate the marketing team to:
- Oversee and distribute the below areas of work between the team according to ability and capacity.
- Schedule / create / design advertisements (both print and digital), along with posts and other vehicles for social media marketing. Platforms such as Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube to be used as well as InDesign, Adobe Suite etc for print.
- Identify relevant events and advertising opportunities to tie in with the ethos of the brands under company (runs, trail runs, cycle events, bloggers etc.).
- Ensure company and client digital platforms are maintained and updated where required (websites, FB, Omni channel's etc). This relates not only to images and blurbs, but also inventory levels on the in-house products.
- Ensure sites are optimised by effective SEO, backlinks and a base understanding of google analytics - monthly reports sharing stats on how the sites are performing would be ideal.
Manage and co-ordinate with the Brand Managers and marketing team to:
- Research marketing opportunities for inhouse brands
- Assist the Inhouse Brand Managers with new / updated product developments
- Prepare and present draft marketing budgets to management for approval on an annual basis
- Monitor and control marketing expenditure, together with the Business Manager.
- Manage and co-ordinate all expos and events; liaising with the various service providers.
- Run promotional campaigns on the various online platforms in line with the strategic marketing plan.
Manage and co-ordinate the design team to:
- Capture and deep etch photographs of all product for in-house product and client.
- Design / conceptualise new design improvements to existing product, product in development, packaging and merchandise solutions by generating CADS with Photoshop or any other design package as required.
- Assist with copy for sales presenters and other marketing material.
- Assist in ensuring all DMQ catalogues are up to date for the product supplied across clients - and where applicable made into digital formats of the existing PDF's.
- Assist with factory briefs and client briefs to explain required outcome for new
- products comprehensively and effectively.
Work with project managers to:
- Undertake store visits and research relevant brand reference sites in order to get a better understanding of the relevant client's handwriting for upcoming range builds in order to apply and assist design accordingly.
- Assist the Merchandisers to prepare trend analyses for the customer base.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Relevant degree/diploma in Design: graphic design, web development
- Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (9/10): photo manipulate, deep etch, 3D, mock ups
- Competent in Powerpoint (7/10)
- Basic photography skills for product shots
- Understanding of the retail industry
- Skills Requirements
- Ability to lead a team
- Appropriate delegation skills
- Strong time management skills
- Strong written and communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to interact with team members at all levels
- Interpersonal skills to deal with workflow and suppliers
- Knowledge of customer handwriting and industry trends
- Graphic Design
- Product Development
- Social media