Senior Credit Operations Specialist
- Cape Town, South Africa
WHAT WE DO
We're Lula. We build innovative fintech products to help SMEs make cash flow. From instant access to funding to all-in-one business banking accounts and cutting-edge financial analysis tools, we're on it!
Our purpose is to help SMEs manage their business better, faster, simpler, Lula, so they can spend more time doing what they love.
Speaking of love, we're looking for Lulas who love to make a difference to join our team and change the game.
WHY WE DO IT
We care about our family, our work, our community, our country.
We're passionate about EMPOWERING EVERY SME TO SUCCEED.
And to do it, we're BUILDING THE NEXT GENERATION OF FINTECH PRODUCTS TO HELP SMES MAKE CASH FLOW.
Why? Because the more businesses that succeed, the more jobs, money, and opportunities for all South Africans - including Y.O.U.
So get curious.
Rise to the challenge.
Don't settle for average.
Shoot for amazing.
We're here to change the game, the norm, the world,
Because when we change something for the better, we change ourselves too.
- Collaborative - we're a clan and work together as a team, always towards a common goal
- Committed - we're accountable and follow through no matter the challenge
- Curious - we look for better ways to do things and make a positive difference
- Connected - we stay close to, learn from and look to understand each other and our customers
- Compassionate - we go out of our way to care about our colleagues, our customers and our community
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Credit Operations Specialist looking to work in a growing fintech business.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing all credit and collections processes and operational aspects of one of our fast-growing credit products.
The candidate will be responsible for setting up new structures and processes, ensuring they are followed, and improving existing processes as necessary.
The ideal candidate will have a strong attention to detail, be process-oriented, and have a track record of implementing successful operational processes.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to :
- Implement and manage credit operational processes with the Merchant Cash Advance product, including but not limited to, underwriting, credit approvals, disbursements, with a strong focus on collections
- Ensure all credit operations are performed with the highest level of accuracy and efficiency with a focus on ensuring book performance remains optimal
- Act as an interface between the Credit & Collections Department, the Business Development, and the Legal teams
- Establish a thorough knowledge of the product and ensure strategic initiatives are properly coordinated and scheduled
- Develop and improve processes for collections, risk management and fraud prevention
- Ensure compliance with regulations and internal policies
- Monitor, analyse and reporting of credit risk trends and make recommendations for process improvements
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to develop and implement strategies to optimise credit product performance
- Working closely with the Credit leaders on issue escalation, ensure customer problems are tracked, resolved and followed-up on
- Provide leadership and guidance to the credit and collections team
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal and external partners
- Assist in the planning and execution of a variety of tasks and initiatives that may include risk mitigation, efficiency, and customer experience
- Assist with ad-hoc projects as needed
THE COMPETENCIES WE'RE AFTER
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Highly organised and structured with strong attention to detail
- Excellent influencing skills
- Fun-loving, team-player - you enjoy helping your team members out, and will step up to assist even when your work is done
- Start-up mentality - you understand we are all in this together
THE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Matric certificate or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in credit operations, risk management, or a related field
- Strong knowledge of collections, credit underwriting and risk management principles
- Experience developing and implementing operational processes
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Passionate about delivering customer experience above and beyond customer expectations
- Proven ability to lead and manage a team