Senior Brand Manager
- Cape Town, Western Cape
takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Senior Brand Manager to join our team in Cape Town
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard- working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won't be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
The position reports to the Head of Brand and Communications.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Ideate & implement campaigns and brand communications that create a consistent & engaging brand message, grow brand equity, consistently present our brand's reputation positively in the competitive retail marketplace, and drive growth through a razor-sharp focus on our customer.
- Support Head of Brand & Communications on coordination and execution of all multi-channel ATL campaigns, working closely with external advertising & media planning agency to develop annual Brand & Communications strategy that delivers consistent on-brand messaging through all communication touch-points
- Take the lead on creative and executional briefing of brand-led marketing campaigns, brand events and projects, keeping marketing channel managers aligned to deliver a consistent brand message and coordinating campaign reporting to analyse results.
- Develop brand identities, strategies and marketing campaign ideas for takealot.com, Takealot Delivery Team, Takealot Pickup Points and Private Label Brands.
- Support brand PR requirements as needed, including the management of corporate communications brand assets, coordinating any inbound press/media enquiries (interview requests, high res product imagery etc) and any special projects requiring brand support).
- Responsible for the maintenance of Marketing-owned areas of Takealot.com, planning, briefing and overseeing execution of Homepage content and Wordpress copy.
- Manage the Social Media Manager, who oversees the organic content calendars & analytical reporting to ensure campaign and always-on targets are met - including working closely with Customer Service Escalations & putting in place brand performance based metrics to establish consistent positive customer experience of our brand on all social media channels
- Coordinating brand reporting tools (including Brand Trackers, Meltwater, NPS scores etc.) collating results & sharing reports with the business on a regular basis as a brand health check - highlighting areas of weaknesses or conflicting messages with tangible steps to improve Project management & coordination of brand extension projects.
- Working with other divisions (e.g. Supply Chain & Engineering) as required to manage all aspects of the brand (tangible & intangible), acting as brand guardian for the tone of voice of all customer-facing communication
- Developing and sustaining strong working relationships with all brand stakeholders, from CEO to Customer Service agents
- Proven ability to develop brand and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
- Proven ability to ideate, brief and execute concepts and campaigns; from creative requirements to physical implementation and rollout
- Excellent understanding of the full marketing mix
- Strong project management skills
- Exceptional verbal and report presentation abilities
- Drive for results and leaderships skills
- Highly creative with ability to think out of box
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills
- Up-to-date with latest trends and marketing best practices
- Comfortable working with numbers, metrics and spreadsheets
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Business Studies or related field
- A minimum of 4 years' experience in-house in a brand marketing team - ideally as a Brand or Assistant Brand Manager
- Expert knowledge about marketing and related subjects (advertising, market research, consumer behaviour, marketing analytics) culled from years of hands-on experience in the industry and in the marketing field.
- Experience in identifying target audiences and devising campaigns that engage, inform and motivate.
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it's all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who
- is forthright but respectful
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com.
- thinks like an owner of the business.
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARDWORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.