Senior Admin Controller
- Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
- Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
It is the responsibility of the Senior Admin Controller to assume full responsibility for the financial controls of the Facility and ensure that the intergraty of the financial data reported for the Facility is accurate and presented within the desired time frames.
Qualifications & Experience
- Diploma / Degree in Accounting
- High level of Computer Literacy (MS Office & Cargowise One)
- Previous work experience in a supervisory role
- Auditing experience would be beneficial
PLANNING AND ORGANISING
- Preparation of budgets in consultation with management and department heads.
- Authorize order requisitions.
- Ensure that vendors are on ASL / expenditure in line with budget.
- Checking & signing invoices - order requisition is approved by management / invoices are in order.
- Checking accrual listings & monthly cost schedules.
- Preparation of forecasts in consultation with management & department heads.
- Preparing quotes on enquiries for warehousing & recording in proposal register.
- Ensuring that required documentation is completed for take-on of new service providers & customers.
- Attending to customer & service provider queries.
- Setting up invoicing spreadsheets for admin clerks on excel.
- Checking OE-7 forms before capturing on cargowise one.
- Checking proformas before confirming on cargowise one.
- Ensure that all clients are invoices are sent out timeously.
- Preparing OE8s for credit notes.
- Collating & check invoicing info.
- Following up on outstanding debtors.
- Checking Chep invoices - recons are done / pass on charges are recovered from OB.
- Compiling revenue list with admin clerk.
- Checking expense accruals before submission to head office.
- Preparing reversible & non-reversible journals for month.
- Ensuring inter-department revenue / costs are processed.
- Reconcile ops statement / GL and do necessary adjustments if required.
- Compile monthly stats reports / revenue analysis / management report / report for the commercial manager.
- Prepare quarterly board report.
- Monitor claims & ensure correct procedures are followed for reporting / provision / processing of invoices.
- Bi-annual asset verifications / disposals / transfers.
- Preparing capex forms.
- Checking petty cash reconciliations.
- Internal auditing of ISO procedures.
- Ensures that all financial requirements are met as per deadlines.
- Insurance and insurance schedules.
- Check all invoices to stock reports and rate structures.
- Monthly consumable recons - ensure counted and reconciled correctly.
- Monthly diesel recon.
- Forecast and flash with commentary.
- Review income statements.
- Assist in EC audits.
- Approve all items prepared by clerks.
- Review performance of individuals against set requirements on an annual basis.
- Be prepared to counsel / discipline employees as and when the need arises.
- Identifies training needs and employees with potential for advancement on the basis of work performance and facilitates training as required.
- Manage absenteeism in accordance with company procedures.
- Initiates inquiries (ensuring substantive and procedure fairness).
- Addressing of staff problems, queries and grievances timeously according to applicable procedure, anticipate possible conflict and takes preventative actions.
- Ensure that the company's policies are articulated (summarized) for employees to understand.
- Sets clear objectives, targets and standards and gives performances feedback with necessary corrective measures were required.
- Conduct regular meetings with employees (at least monthly) to brief on workload and current issues.
- Actions suggestions and complaints of staff.
UTILIZATION OF EQUIPMENT AND MATERIALS
- Monitors and actions employees' performance according to guidelines.
- Ensure optimal utilization of time and resources.
- Ensures that maintenance and running costs do not exceed budget.
HOUSEKEEPING, SAFETY, SECURITY, QUALITY ASSURANCE
- Communicates standards of housekeeping to staff and takes appropriate action when standards are not adhered to.
- Ensures adherence to guidelines stipulated in OHSA, and BPL SHERQ Department as well as ISO 9001 quality standards.
- Ensures confidentiality of the job requirement is always maintained.
- Ensures that quality assurance procedures are strictly adhered too.
- Procedures is amended and conduct training on the amendments.
- Ensure that job descriptions are defined, reviewed, amended, consulted with and signed off.
- Attend and participate in monthly management meetings.