- Pretoria, Gauteng
- Pretoria, Gauteng
Be part of building and expanding a great company! Osidon is a young vibrant company at the forefront of development in the accounting, payroll, tax and compliance industry. We have a passion for entrepreneurs and SMME businesses. We provide innovative, fresh and professional services to the small business owner to help the business reach its full potential. Osidon is recruiting professionals from a wide spectrum of industries and is looking for dynamic individuals to enhance our service offering. We currently have a full-time, permanent employment opportunity available for a Senior Accountant with the following minimum requirements:
Qualifications and General:
- National Senior Certificate;
- A NQF 7 accredited tertiary qualification in Accounting;
- Own reliable transport;
- A clear criminal record;
- Be available to work both remotely with a reliable internet connection and from the Osidon office as required.
- Active membership in good standing at one or more of the accredited accounting / bookkeeping professional bodies in South Africa as accountant AND tax practitioner.
- At least three (3) years' post article experience in practice as Accountant;
- Must have accounting practise experience with SMME's;
- Must have supervisory or leadership experience in an accounting practice.
- You must must have excellent numerical skills.;
- The ability to communicate effectively in English in verbal and written format;
- Have management skills and leadership qualities to manage and lead a team of junior accountants or bookkeepers;
- You must be able to understand and use online accounting and payroll and tax (e-filing) software effectively;
- Professionalism toward clients, colleagues and the profession;
- You must also have good knowledge and understanding of South African Business, Tax and Employment Law;
- Have a keen eye for detail;
- Be a self-driven individual;
- Must be able to work in a team;
- You must be able to work under pressure;
- Should be able to implement instructions effectively;
- You must be comfortable to adapt to change;
- Excellent administration skills;
- You must be able to meet deadlines;
- Be focused on quality and accuracy;
- You will be required to maintain a high level of confidentiality and ethical behaviour;
- Be eager to always develop your professional and personal skills to continuously grow into the best you you can be.
Successful candidates will have the following responsibilities:
- You will lead and manage a team of Accountants or Bookkeepers;
- You will be responsible to ensure that a professional and ethical service is delivered to clients and maintained within your team;
- Provide advise and support to clients on more advanced accounting, tax, payroll and strategic financial matters;
- Report back to clients on their company’s financials;
- You will support the onboarding of new clients onto Osidon’s systems;
- You will support a team who is responsible for the bookkeeping, accounting, payroll and tax compliance of our SMME clients from a range of different, exciting and interesting industries and your duties will amongst other things include reviewing monthly and annual reports and statements;
- Report to Senior Management on performance of your team;
- You will form part of a team that uses the latest technology and innovation to ensure professional service delivery;
- You will work under the supervision of a Senior Manager who will provide you with the support and guidance you need to excel and advance in your career;
- You will make a real difference by delivering a ground breaking service to the SMME business world and supporting our SMME's in their journey of creating jobs and prosperity in their community.
This position will be available with a competitive salary + benefits.
If you know that you are the perfect candidate for this position, please apply for this opportunity by submitting your CV and supporting documents in PDF format. Please ensure that you have read all the requirements carefully.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Pretoria, Gauteng: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
- Are you legally authorized to work in South Africa?
- Bachelors (Required)
- Accounting: 4 years (Required)
- Management: 2 years (Required)
- English (Required)
- membership in good standing with with an accounting body? (Required)
Expected Start Date: 2023/03/13