Sales Representative (Business Development)
- Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
SGS Matrolab is seeking to fulfil a key role as Business Development Manager to service the Eastern and Western Cape supporting our Civil Engineering Laboratories.
The role requires the incumbent to do marketing in support of the civil laboratories. He / She will be responsible for all marketing related tasks, targeting existing and potential clients.
He / She shall be responsible to provide feedback, submit reports, tenders and quotations. To ensure that the laboratories and Regional Managers receive all leads and stay up to date with the information, with excellent quality of service, which contribute to accuracy, productivity and profitability.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a person that is disciplined and treat colleagues, management and clients with respect, deadline & revenue driven and possessing enough energy and passion to maintain good client relations.
A successful career in delivering performance against agreed strategic objectives and ultimately ensuring that all quality and testing methods are observed, and any deviation is reported without delay.
Primary Job Responsibilities
Reporting to the relevant Business Development Manager and are expected to :
Engage with local markets to determine trends and competitive environments.
- Focused on Regional and Global Industrial Services.
- To conduct market analysis and utilize this to engage with local teams to develop business plans that develop the SGS business in line with the Global strategy.
- Identification of acquisitions and, where appropriate, inclusion of acquisitions into the business plans.
- Implementation of these business plans in conjunction with the local and regional teams.
- Actively move to raise the profile of SGS within the Industrial Services sector working closely with the global and local teams.
- Market analysis and research, following through to the development, approval, and implementation of business plans.
- Implementation of business plans with national, regional and international teams.
- Support and coordinate the regional development of the strategies and implementation of plans to realize these strategies.
- Close working relationships between the regional and local Industrial Services teams to identify sales opportunities for new and existing clients.
- Establishment and management of tender contracts linking Industrial Services by supervising cost calculation, internal rate structures and monitor and train the regional branches.
- Identify necessary qualifications to be accepted in local markets, e.g. certifications and accreditation.
- Cooperate with other BDM’s to maximize sales efforts with respect to specific projects and common global clients.
- Identify potential opportunities for other Business units as appropriate.
- Support the preparation of sales and marketing material; attend exhibitions and other promotional activities.
- Prepare and support regional sales forecasts and feasibility studies for new services.
- Working closely with other strategic business units in the Industrial services business line.
- Working closely with Global and local Experts to develop the business.
- Adhere to all quality and safety requirements of the SGS management system.
- Perform any other reasonable tasks as assigned by direct line manager.
Qualification and Experience
Business Qualification an advantage and / or proven years of marketing / business development knowledge, skills and experience sufficient to be recognized as a qualification through - Recognition of Prior Learning.
Minimum 5years experience in an Industrial services / project Management environment
Strong change management capability
Systematic with strong work organization capability
Strong negotiation and communication skills
Able to adequately represent SGS with confidence
Able to work well under pressure
Experience within the Civil Engineering Industry is compulsory and must be familiar with the latest construction materials testing methods
Valid driver’s license
Own Car Advantageous