Sales Commission Support Officer
- Cape Town, South Africa
We are the lookout for a Sales Commission Support Officer to join our Team in Cape Town.
The main purpose of this role is to ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll data, commissions, and third-party payments for service providers and field agents.
This includes reconciling accounts, managing documentation, and investigating commission queries while maintaining confidentiality.
The role also involves liaising with agent support teams, generating recipient statements, and implementing procedures to ensure data integrity.
The successful candidate will collaborate with stakeholders to resolve queries, communicate effectively, and meet set deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities (Include but is not limited to) :
- Work closely with the agent support administrator to input and process all necessary payroll data each month from the retail checklist.
- Input all new starters and terminations for service providers and field agents.
- Reconcile and manage all third-party payment processing including for agents.
- Creation of all payslip simulations as requested.
- Identify and propose opportunities to improve commission process where possible.
- Manage the distribution of payslips / commission statements and service provider statements.
- Processes all commission information, to facilitate timeous changes / updates to employee information (financial and statistical).
- Verifies and captures all employee contract documents for new / existing agents.
- Processes all documentation for termination of agents.
- Investigate commission queries and actions appropriately where necessary.
- Assists with tax year end process as it relates to agent land.
- Implements processes and procedures to ensure information and data is current and available for reporting.
- Resolves first line queries from managers and team members as they relate to the processing of payroll data.
- Escalates commission related queries as required and follows up to ensure resolution.
- Exports reports and sends employee cost reports to business units.
- Develops a collaborative relationship with the agent support team to ensure queries are resolved timeously.
- Works closely with agent support to ensure complete coordination of efforts and procedures with pay, deductions, and benefits, tracking and reporting.
- Ensure service delivery to internal and external customer requirements are met timeously.
- Ensures complete confidentiality by the payroll team of all issues and information pertaining to the payroll environment.
- Maintain a consolidation of these statements vs invoices received and payments generated.
- Commission processing is routine work and deadline driven. Deadlines are fixed and there is no scope for flexibility.
- Process timely and accurately the daily / weekly / monthly commissions for agents on the internal commission system via a manual and automatic import process.
- Manage your own daily workload and update the daily register with work not completed.
- Escalate queries and any commission processing hold-ups to your line manager
- Identify and escalate naming irregularities on commission statements to line manager for corrective measures.
- Understand the commission calculations behind splits and templates.
- Plan, communicate and manage the commissions processing activities and procedures as per the set deadlines.
- Compare, correct and provide feedback on finance reconciliation during payments period.
- Liaise with agents, area supervisors and regional supervisors on commission-related queries and discrepancies. Research and resolve commission related inquiries including splits between agents and referrals, lapses and clawbacks and outstanding mis documents, as per acceptable turn-around times.
- Take ownership of the commissions receipt and processing, and invoicing with the finance division, of book acquisition transactions, and conduct regular reconciliations for payments.
- Generate recipient statements from system and distribute 24hours before payment submission (as per pre-set deadlines)
- Deal with queries and request corrections to be attended to immediately and submit the payroll report to finance.
- Conduct regular reviews and checks on data being loaded / imported by the commission team to ensure data integrity is maintained.
- Implement any ad hoc data clean-up actions or any other projects required with the commission administrators for timeous implementation.
- Use dashboards to keep abreast of agents information and ensure that commission team is aware of what the agents sees and receives.
Key requirements :
- Matric / Grade 12 (Essential)
- A relevant certificate or diploma in payroll, finance, accounting (Essential)
- Registration Required (Relevant certifications & Professional memberships)
- 3+ years' Experience as a commission / payroll administrator in the financial services industry or equivalent experience in a data processing, sales environment
- 3+ years' Sound knowledge with South African Statutory legislatives in line with payroll (i.e. SARS, BCEA, SDL, COIDA and others)
- 3+ Years Microsoft Excel Experience (Advanced)
Additional Skills :
- Communication (Written and Verbal)
- Problem Solving
- Planning and Organising
- Managing Multiple Priorities / Deadlines
- Flexible and Adaptable
I am sure you are reading this job description and meet majority of the criteria BUT you may also still not be 100% comfortable in applying.
We believe that there is a place for everyone under the Mukuru sun and we want YOU to contribute to our diverse tapestry of talent.
So come on, take a leap of faith, and send your application if you meet majority of our requirements. Remember to include a snippet of how you will bring value and help us build a future of success that will help us determine where and how you may best be suited Maybe you are just the future Mukurian we need!!
Should you be appointed in a remote / work from home role at Mukuru, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have uninterrupted internet connectivity and a work-like' environment at your home location, in order to deliver your best in terms of performance, productivity and service to our customers.
If you do not receive any response after two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
NB : ALL STAFF APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE WITH DUE CONSIDERATION OF THE COMPANY'S EE TARGET