Sales Assistant NZ
- Northlink, Christchurch
- Mountain Warehouse
monthly bonus *competitive salary* 50% employee discount *leading outdoor retailer*
Who are we? We originate from the UK where we have a very strong market presence. New Zealand is a great territory for us with its beautiful green landscape, and we are aiming for our next goal of 20 stores.
At + stores globally and over employees we are a leading outdoor retailer, with an always-evolving attitude. You can find out about our fantastic own-brand products, as well as our newly launched brands, such as Animal, at We’re working hard on sustainability, introducing more and more organic and recycled products- One Planet.
Check out our Inside the Outdoors section, where you can explore the outdoors, find expert advice on how to choose your ski pants or top tips for dog owners, and learn about some of our charity ventures.
International- we have stores in the UK, in Europe across Poland, Germany and Austria, and across the pond in Canada and the USA.
New Zealand is our latest venture.
Animal was acquired by Mountain Warehouse and re-launched in the Summer of , initially with an online presence only, before we moved to showcasing a range in some of our stores.
We are so excited to be opening our first UK stores.
Our Sales Assistants are the key people in our stores; the first point contact with our customers. You’ll be an important part of the store team!
Your day will involve
- Customer Service; creating a great shopping experience
- Replenishing the store
- Visual standards
- Learning, developing and sharing your product knowledge
- Being a Brand Ambassador!
We are looking for someone with
- A passion for selling and talking to people
- Enthusiasm, and a hands-on attitude
- An eye for detail, and with high standards
- Excellent timekeeping
- Great people skills
- An interest in what we sell and what we do!
Why join us?
We love seeing people grow; many of our team have started their journey with us, progressing to Supervisor roles, and beyond.
We are passionate about developing our store teams, recently launching a learning platform with some great tools!
- Monthly Bonus scheme
- 50% Employee Discount, with a twice-yearly uniform allowance
- 20 days annual leave, plus Public Holidays
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme, and a Colleague Hardship Scheme
- Employee Referral Incentive unlimited
- Kiwi Saver option
- A stable, successful and supported environment so many of our team have grown their career here