Safari Lodge Reservation Consultant
- Cape Town, WC, South Africa
- Proactive Recruitment
Location : DURBANVILLE
Under the direction of the Reservations Department Manager, and within the limits of our clients policies and procedures, to receive and accurately process reservation bookings or general inquires and to ensure an effective and courteous service at all times.
- Ensure all incoming emails, reservations messages are dealt with promptly and accurately, and within a 2-hour response time.
- Answer all incoming emails on the same day of business.
- Answer phones as promptly as possible in a courteous professional manner.
- Input all reservations accurately into the PMS system.
- To be fully conversant with all property rates, including rack, corporate and contracted.
- Help maximise room sales by upselling to a higher category.
- To be responsible for the timely upkeep of the archives.
- Ensure that all reservations are handled efficiently through effective office operating systems.
- Ensure that all reservations records are filed accurately and can be retrieved promptly.
- To have knowledge of the property's internal and external reservation systems (Third Party Website i.e Booking.com etc).
- Ensure that bookings for each day are checked prior to arrival for accuracy and confirmations.
- Ensure all reservations are tracked correctly for statistical purposes (Source codes etc).
- Ensure guest profiles are used and utilized correctly
- Ensure all Special Attention Guests (SAG) requests are dealt with accurately, and that every effort is taken to ensure they receive the appropriate service.
- To have complete knowledge of all rooms, along with the property's facilities, as well as local area competitors.
- Accountable for updating and / or creating Client folders with all relevant information
Sales & Revenue
- To ensure all commission invoices are correct and tracked accurately to avoid excess commission payments
- Accurately prepare revenue reports as requested by the Reservation Department Manager
- Correctly logging No shows and cancellations as per the property standard.
- Ensuring all Reservations have deposits / Full pre-payment which is line with the property payment terms
- Identify & report to the Reservations Department Manager any potential risk factors that may impact revenue to PHS & or the Client
- To adhere too and fully understand all Terms and Conditions relating to the property
- Pass onto the sales department any possible leads which could develop into future business.
- Analysis each property individually and identify & communicate any potential Sales needs to increase revenue to the Strategic Manager(s)
- Utilise stay through and minimum stay parameters to maximise room revenue
- Use of effective chase systems to maximise rooms revenue
- Minimise the number of unconfirmed reservations to maximise revenue.
- To be constantly aware of all competitor developments and pricing and communicate accordingly to all appropriate departments.
- To be fully converse with all rates and offers for each property within the cluster
- To ensure all rates are correctly loaded onto the PMS system
- To ensure the correct STO rate is allocated to the correct agent
- To distribute STO rates to agents and updating the STO report
- Accountable for quoting and applying correct rates to agents and direct guests
- Knowledge of a variety of PMS's
- Have worked within the Hospitality sector for a minimum of 5years
- Minimum of 2 years Lodge experience
- French Speaking would be an advantage