SENIOR MANAGER: LEGAL, GOVERNANCE, RISK AND COMPLIANCE
- Pretoria, Gauteng
- South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA)
Job DescriptionThe most eligible candidate must hold an appropriate and recognised qualification in the legal field at NQF Level 8 on the 10 Level NQF and must be an admitted attorney.
A qualification in the legal field at NQF Level 9 on the 10 Level NQF and registration with the Chartered Governance Institute of Southern Africa will be advantageous.
A minimum of 3 years senior management level experience or 10 years management experience is required with knowledge of Board and Board committee support, providing legal or corporate governance advice to boards, administration, risk management, and project management.
(2 – 3 years of experience in managing enterprise risk systems and corporate governance or related field will be advantageous).
The incumbent must have an in-depth knowledge of the principles and practice of Corporate Governance, King IV, and POPIA.
Knowledge and experience in resource management, risk management, auditing, and compliance in the public sector are also critical.
Characteristics of a transformational leader with strong managerial skills, a clear vision, and focused action would position the candidate favourably.
Duties : • Provide legal advice and opinions to SAQA;
- Ensure that all processes and activities relating to the Board and its Committees are fully executed and complied with;
- Ensure that the Board and Committees are satisfied with the quality of the information provided to enable informed decision-making;
- Provide the Board and Committees with advice relating to governance and legal matters;
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation, including the NQF Act, PFMA, Treasury Regulations, and the King Code on Good Corporate Governance (King IV);
- Manage internal and external organisational audits;
- Manage risk across the organisation and provide legal advice and litigation support;
- Maintain Board and Committee records, including information packs, agendas, minutes;
- Coordinate the revision and update of SAQA policies;
- Maintain a record of the status of all policies; and
- Manage the co-ordination of the business unit.