SCM Specialist Professional
- Kempton Park, Gauteng 1628
Job Title / Role: SCM Specialist Professional – DI
Organization: Siemens Lead Country South Africa
Location: Kempton Park (ACSA Park), South Africa
Reporting Manager: Supply Chain/Logistics Manager
Siemens is a global powerhouse in diversified engineering providing products, systems and solutions across the Electrification, Automation and Digitalization value chain. The company has been in Africa for over 157 years igniting a history of innovation and social development. As an integrated technology company, Siemens aims to play a constructive role in Africa ‘s success story.
Siemens is a global powerhouse in diversified engineering providing products, systems and solutions across the Electrification, Automation and Digitalization value chain. The company has been in existance for over 175 years igniting a history of innovation and social development. As an integrated technology company, Siemens aims to play a constructive role in Africa ‘s success story.
The Digital Industries Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their production processes and in reducing the time to market of their products.
The ultimate goal is the complete integration and digital representation of the physical value chain. The platform for this is called Digital Enterprise.
Analyzes and develops the elements of Procurement and/or Logistics processes, in order to achieve and implement highly efficient Procurement/Logistics standards within (an) assigned organization unit(s).
Responsibilities of the Role
Analyzes and constantly optimizes the organization´s processes to enhance performance.
- Establishes, monitors, updates, and benchmarks metrics, and derives and proposes measures to improve.
- Provides analyses as required by Logistics / Supply Chain Management.
- Proposes and takes over responsibility for defined and assigned improvement projects.
- Initiates and implements supplier improvement programs.
- Establishes operational vendor relations, identifies and resolves vendor conflicts.
- Establishes SCM oriented customer relations in order to meet customer expectations.
- Cooperates with the internal Procurement, Controlling and Logistics functions to ensure acceptance of and adherence to SC processes, guidelines, and tools.
- Analyses and completes Customs Declaration for all Imports and Exports
- Communicates with external auditors in accordance with the superior.
- Contributes to projects, work groups and the training of new employees in the area of expertise.
Qualifications and Experience
- Warehousing / Logistics Degree or Degree
- International Trade Relations (EU; China; Canada; USA; UK; India)
- 3-5 years Customs/SARS declaration / SARS Cargowise / Warehousing / Inventory / Logistics will be advantageous.
- Computer – Basic Excel & Word.
- SAP Returns (RECO / PEGA)
- SAP Spiridon IM & WM
- NDS Drop Shipments
Attributes and skills
- Efficiency & Effectiveness on Declarations Facilitation and Processing
- Operate in High Stress Environment
- Computer Literacy
- Country specific import/export requirements
- Compliance - Culture of Admittance
- Pay attention to detail
Our culture embraces different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge convention. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we invite you to take on new challenges, test your ideas, and celebrate success.
The company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targetsunder the Employment Equity Act will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an equal opportunity employer we encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
We care about your data privacy and take compliance with the POPI Act, GDPR as well as other data protection legislation seriously. For this reason, we ask you not to send us your CV or resume by email. We ask instead that you create a profile in our talent community where you can upload your CV. Setting up a profile lets us know you are interested in career opportunities with us and makes it easy for us to send you an alert when relevant positions become open
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Proprietary Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time