Restaurant Manager - Xara Palace
- Mdina, Eastern Cape
- Mdina, Eastern Cape
Job DescriptionJob opening criteria
The Xara Palace is a unique 17th century luxury Boutique hotel, nestled in the majestic medieval fortified city of Mdina and forms part of Relais and Châteaux association.
The aim is to be a leading Maltese luxury hotel, offering stunning views and baroque architecture. The seventeen luxury rooms and suites sensitively restored are a promise of an unforgettable stay in Malta!
Do you have a passion for both F&B and outstanding customer service?
Do you take pride in making sure that every dining experience is unforgettable?
Then this might be the perfect opportunity for you!
The Xara family is looking for a Restaurant Manager to join one of the best front of house teams on the island.
The impact you will make:
You will manage the day-to-day operation of our Fine Dining Restaurant, and, with the support of senior management, you will provide strategic direction and leadership and ensure that key targets are achieved
You will ensure to create a positive working environment that supports organisational and core values. You will coach, train and support all the restaurant staff to provide consistently high standards.
You will provide regular feedback to management and other managers as appropriate on operational issues, standards and procedures.
You will embrace every opportunity to create extra special moments for our guests and provide a personal experience our guest will want to share.
- As our ideal candidate, you will have at least 3 years' experience in fine dining restaurants and be able to manage a well dedicated team.
- You'll have effective leadership skills and develop key strategies with the team in identifying key customer needs and work with them to develop initiatives to meet/ exceed these needs.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relation skills to ensure a seamless and memorable experience, proactively resolving any challenges that may arise.
- Ensure a good working knowledge of food and wine. Be able to make recommendations.
- Strong communication skills and a 'hands-on' approach to 'lead by example' and demonstrate best practice.
- Flexible and adaptable, with the ability to stay calm under pressure.
- High attention to detail and accuracy - great at managing one's own time and the time of the team.