- Cape Town, Western Cape
- Cape Town, Western Cape
Job DescriptionAbout Us G Adventures is the world’s largest small-group adventure travel company and we’ve been making epic travel memories happen on all seven continents for over 30 years.
Our mission is simple: to change lives through travel. And not just our travelers’ either. Since day one, our tours have been built to establish meaningful relationships with local communities, directly benefiting the people and places we visit at every step of our tours.
With the demand for travel coming back strong, we are set up and excited for this next chapter in our company’s story — and we’d love for you to be a part of it.
Our DNA revolves around building, nurturing, and developing a diverse culture of people and a true sense of belonging, where everyone is encouraged to bring their authentic self to work each and every day. You’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, and yourself, alongside a passionate, talented, and welcoming community that works hard to spread goodness around the world.
If all that sounds like your kind of thing, well, we can’t wait for you to join us. About the role: To support and be a key member of the G Adventures Reservations team by completing the day-to-day reservations duties throughout the East Africa region and during certain seasons the Southern Africa region. This role is ultimately responsible for ensuring that all reservations tasks are completed efficiently and to the highest possible standard, attention to detail, customer service, teamwork and outstanding communication skills are key to the success of this role. The role reports directly to our Reservations & Flights Supervisor, Southern Africa with supervisory reports to our Regional Operations Manager, East Africa.
What you'll be doing: Multi-Brand
- Brand and Region Agnostic (may be required to work across multiple regions/brands)
- Assist in ensuring the G Adventures brand and other client brands are properly represented throughout the region.
- Accurate completion of all required validations, reservations, last minute request/changes tasks, cancellations actioned in a timely manner.
- Ensure systems and tools (e.g. Block Sheet, Validations) are accurate, report any issues to relevant manager .
- Ensure suppliers understand and follow our required processes.
- Administrative support for the Global Sales and Base Camp Operations teams (answer enquiries, handle tasks as required etc).
- Ensure last minute booking requests and changes are handled and communicated efficiently.
- Work on special projects as required.
- Supporting reservations managers (and others) to negotiate reduced cancellation charges from suppliers.
- Assist the finance department with invoice queries and related tasks.
- Answering phones in a prompt, professional and polite manner
- Ensuring emails are prompt & followed up - response times within 24 hours.
- Delegate & monitor inboxes.
- 3+ years experience in the travel industry
- Computer skills
- Highly proficient in English both written and spoken
- Familiarity with Travel Industry Practice
- Excellent Customer Service & Attention to Detail
- Be resourceful, a good listener and ability to learn quickly
- Problem Solving/Complaint Resolution
- Decision Making Skills
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- G Suite knowledge (Google Sheets/Docs/Drive)
- Experience working remotely
- Team Player, be self motivated and Goal orientated
- Well Organised
- Flexible, Co-operative Approach
- Positive and Innovative Attitude
- Good time management skills
- Familiarity with East Africa Geography
- Excellent Presentation Skills
- Mac Computer Skills
- Excellent knowledge of G Adventures product in Africa
- Vocational Qualification related to Travel & Tourism/Business
- Competitive salary commensurate with the role
- Competitive benefits package
- Birthday day off
- Vacation time for you to recharge
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Learning and growth opportunities