- Cape Town, South Africa
- Red Carnation Hotels
JUNIOR TOUR CONSULTANT - for Red Carnation Africa;
Xigera Safari Lodge
Job Purpose :
To ensure that thehighest standard of performance and service is achieved when reservingaccommodation and additional services for Red Carnation Hotels.
Employee Value Proposition :
Thisposition offers routine and predictability with opportunities to apply youtechnical skills on a daily basis as part of a highly effective team;
whilstoperating within clearly defined standards and expectations; where yourspecialist tour coordination expertise can be recognised.
Organisational Positioning :
- Department : Reservations
- Reportingto : RCA Travel Manager
- Location : Central Reservations Office
Minimum Experience andQualification Required :
- Grade 12 certificate
- 1 years experience in a reservations position or 2years experience in a reception position at a reputable operator.
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Basic MicrosoftOffice Outlook, Word and Excel
- Microsoft 360 proficient
- Experience at operator level of a Property ManagementSystems (Opera andTourplan)
- Outstanding telephone manner
- Excellent command of the English language - solidEnglish verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work flexible hours, weekends and public holidays
- Excellent Southern Africa Product Knowledge
Advantageous Experience and QualificationDesired :
- Diploma in Hotel Management
- Exposure to Opera advantageous
- Exposure toWetu / Safari Portal
- Dedication to Quality and Good Service CustomerCentric
- Can-do attitude - Able to make decisions, thinkcritically and problem-solve good emotional intelligence.
- Collaborative Team Player
- Research and self-learning ability
- Good Organisational Skills able to multitaskand time manage and work under pressure.
- Smart Presentation and grooming
- Flexible and solution orientated.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Selling skills Qualify customer needs andprovide accurate and prompt communication.
Key Performance Objectives :
Tobe a Red Carnation Hotel Ambassador by :
- Actively living our company mission and values andstriving to deliver on our promise of No Request too Large; No Detail tooSmall at all times
- Owning and practicing our Top 12 Service Standardsevery day in every interpersonal encounter whether with guests, colleagues orsuppliers
- Ensuring that you are familiar with, and adhere to,the Hotel’s code of conduct as set out in the Employee handbook
- Creatively seeking opportunities to surprise anddelight our guests by actively listening to them and building positiverelationships and emotional connections
- Working together with your manager and team to be aseffective and productive as possible by accepting constructive feedback andembracing all training and development opportunities made available to you
- Being aware of the emergency evacuation, security andfire procedures of the Hotel and to be constantly vigilant of the health,safety and security aspects;
and reporting any risks to the Health and SafetyChairperson and / or Security Manager
- To actively seize opportunities to minimise our carbonfootprint by reducing wastage as much as possible without compromising on guestservice standards
- To be happy in your work environment, to makeconstructive observations to improve working conditions and maintain a cultureof teamwork and guest orientated service.
To ensure that guestsreceive an exceptional guest experience that goes beyond their expectationswithin the guidelines of RCH standards by :
Ensuring harmonious relationships exist with otherdepartments, suppliers and international sales managers by maintaining clearand prompt communication between all parties;
and ensuring that allcorrespondence with clients reflects the professionalism of the companystandard and enhances the relationships with key suppliers to Red CarnationAfrica and Xigera Safari Lodge
- Maximising revenue generating opportunities,whilst enhancing the guest service experience, in accordance with RCA Standards
- Ensuring that reservations are made and updatedaccurately, efficiently and comprehensively in accordance with RCH and RCAstandards.
- Ensuring that all reservations related administrationand reporting is completed timeously ensuring accuracy and precision inaccordance with SOP
- Consult clientson Red Carnation Africa products and services in a professional and politemanner. Providing regular feedback anddelivering on commitments
- Managing clienttravel files and provide accurate quotes, bookings and supplier correspondencein Tourplan / Wetu / Safari Portal in line with the company SOPs.
- Create digitalitineraries in line with the operations documents processes
- Generateaccurate invoices and manage financial tour summaries
- Accuratelyinvoice bookings within prescribed deadlines and manage tour financialsummaries within the prescribed SPs
- Maintainpositive booking / service profits by managing costs and avoidance of errors
- Maintain aconsistently high standard of service and communication with both internalcolleagues and external customers
- Development andmaintenance of product and destination knowledge, Red Carnation Africa businesssystems and understanding of company policies and procedures and how your roleaffects the business chain
- Ongoingpersonal development in communication, problem-solving, client management,emotional intelligence and working with different people.