Regional Manager (Agriculture) - Southern Cape
- George, Western Cape
- George, Western Cape
Our client is looking for a candidate that will provide support and direction to a team of technical sales representatives within the region to deliver a high-quality service, support the client base, and build and maintain relationships with distributors/farmers. The Regional Manager must have experience in managing/supervising a team, come from an agronomy background and have a strong sense of initiative. The successful candidate must be from the region and have excellent knowledge of the various crops, areas, and climate to build, develop and grow this area to succeed.
- Sales and marketing of the company’s concept and products to current and potential clients in the specific area of responsibility.
- Growing a new territory of clients and sales via the company’s concept.
- Achieve targets as set out by management.
- Managing relationships with existing clients to maintain and secure existing business opportunities via the company’s concept.
- Managing existing relationships with business associates, including but not limited to clients, distribution agents, logistics contractors and warehousing agents.
- Outline and achieve distribution and growth objectives/sales goals within a specific geographic area through effective management.
- Introduce new products, promote improved distribution, and ensure promotional results.
- Stay up to date on business/market conditions, intensively plan sales efforts, recognize new opportunities within each account and maintain the necessary territory records.
- Provide educational training to clients and associations through seminars and trade events.
- Build and develop the trust and confidence of the farmer through knowledge of products, persuasive presentations, and overcoming objections.
- The preparation of sales and other admin reports in respect of the activities and the circulation of such reports to the management of the company.
- Assisting with the management of stock, including the maintenance of records and reports in respect of existing stock and the forecasting, and ordering of stocks required for the conduct of the business of the company in the specific area
- Matric qualification
- Sc in Agriculture or similar
- Minimum 3 years of managing /supervising a team.
- Previous experience as a Technical Advisor or Agronomist (advantageous)
- Bilingual – Afrikaans and English – speak, read, and write
- Agricultural sales experience (advantageous)
- Strong oral, written, telephone and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate with knowledge of all Microsoft Office Programs.
- High level of decision-making, planning and motivational skills.
- Ability to identify new opportunities and exploit them to the benefit of the company
- Familiar with marketing techniques and concepts relevant to the agriculture sector
- Industry-related basic salary dependent on experience
- Regional profit share
- Company vehicle & fuel
- Laptop & Cellphone