Receptionist / Finance Administrator - CPT
- Cape Town - Western Cape
- Lobster Ink
Who we are?
We are Lobster Ink - a solutions company that helps some of the world’s most influential businesses navigate transformative change.
Because people ultimately drive change, we develop training solutions that build their capability.
Our global team of Lobsters design award-winning digital products and produce recognised training content that provides 1 million+ people across 200 countries with the practical skills and knowledge needed to be great at what they do.
We are brave, caring, tenacious, inventive and unconventional. We work with the biggest names in hospitality - our client list has included the likes of Marriott International, Hilton Worldwide, Waitrose and Partners and Dubai Tourism.
We’re also proud to be part of Ecolab, the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services.
As our client list grows, so does our need for exceptional individuals to join our teams in Amsterdam, Cape Town, Washington and the world.
This is where you come in.
What will you do in this role?
We are looking for an experienced Receptionist and Finance administrator (at least 3-5 years of experience) to organize and oversee our reception area.
As a Finance administrator, your role will be invoicing, filing, and general assistance to the finance team. Having a finance background / experience will be beneficial.
As a Receptionist, you will be the ambassador of the company’s first impressions on the guests and visitors. Your goal is to maintain an efficient and professional, yet welcoming and customer friendly reception environment, making your Proactive, Upbeat (enthusiastic), and friendly persona vital for this role.
This person will form part of the Finance & HR teams and must therefore always ensure the highest confidentiality and discretion.
Key Task & Responsibilities
- Responsible for creating customer invoices in the ERP system
- Sending the new invoices to the customer
- Following up on all outstanding customer debt
- Respond to all customer queries.
- Verify supplier banking details
- Completing all customer and supplier forms
- Ad-hoc accounting tasks
- Oversee and support all administrative duties in the office and ensure that the office is operating smoothly
- Manage office supplies inventory and place orders as necessary
- Perform receptionist duties : greet visitors, and answer and direct phone calls
- Receive and sort incoming mail and deliveries, and manage outgoing deliveries
- Provide other administrative support as necessary, including scheduling group meetings
- Co-ordinating and facilitating certain staff events including monthly Town Halls & socials as well as assisting with special social events (Heritage Day, Women’s Month, Year End Party)
- Ensure that all invoices for office supplies are submitted timeously onto the Finance Payment Portal.
- Assist the HR team with welcoming and facilitating all new employees through the Induction process (including the office tour, parking access, meeting room tutorial, and general assistance).
- Managing the programming of access tags and parking tags for new staff members as well as deactivating tags for staff members who are leaving Lobster Ink.
- Any other ad-hoc administrative / supportive assistance to HR
- Organize and coordinate office administration and procedures, to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency, and safety.
- Overseeing and facilitating office maintenance and repairs for the office and always ensuring a safe working environment
Skills / Competencies
- Knowledge of the above finance administration task will be advantageous
- Budget management
- Proficient in Apple and Google Business software, including email, spreadsheets, Apple hardware (iMac and desktop) and databases.
- Proficient in Excel
- Excellent time management especially in a multitasking environment
- Strong communication skills
- Sound judgement and critical thinking especially in a multitasking environment
- Highly organized with a structured approach to tasks
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to prioritize effectively
- Excellent attention to detail
- Effective problem solving skills
- Own transport is a must for ad-hoc office purchases
- Must be skilled at establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external customers, co-workers, and peers.
- Maintaining the highest level of confidentiality with Sensitive information while working under tight and often competing deadlines.
Minimum experience required
3 5 years’ experience in an a receptionist / finance administrative role with proven track record of success
Minimum qualifications / education
- Must have obtained Matric
- Bachelor’s degree / Diploma in finance administration or related field will be advantageous
Who are you?
- Displays grit
- Must be a self-starter and driven
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High integrity and strong ethical values
- Able to perform under pressure
- Reliable at all times
- Willing to go the extra mile
- Positive attitude
- Effective time management skills
Why is this an amazing opportunity for you?
- We have an entrepreneurial culture where daily you have the opportunity to shape and influence in every role
- We are a global company
- We work with the best from around the world we have over 25 nationalities in our team
- We offer flexible hours from different locations
- We have an aggressive growth strategy which offers constant opportunities for growth
- We make a difference by enabling potential in over 1 000 000 and counting users