- Cape Town, Western Cape, ZA
- People Dimension
To answer incoming calls after no more than three rings, to direct calls correctly to staff, and
to convey accurately detailed messages via email to unavailable staff. Messages must be
taken for staff who are busy on their telephones unless a customer insists on holding for that
To politely receive visitors, be they customers or suppliers, to the company and to ensure
that they are attended to promptly.
To interact with staff respectfully and professionally. To obtain outgoing cell phone and
national telephone numbers for staff.
- Please treat all calls respectful and with urgency.
- To maintain and uphold a smart, unrevealing, appropriate and corporate dress code.
- To received courier parcels and distribute as required.
- Answer, screen, and forward incoming phone calls.
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material
e.g., pens, forms, and brochures)
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone / email.
- Receive, sort, and distribute daily mail / deliveries.
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the
reception desk (monitor logbook, maintaining a monthly attendance register)
- Update calendars and schedule meetings.
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, transcribing and