Protection Officer; C Lower; VUS_KPS1083/22GS
- Witbank, Mpumalanga
- Seriti Coal
When applying, please submit a PDF version of your CV together with certified copies (certification within a 3-month period) of your ID, Drivers and qualifications.
PROTECTION OFFICER, C LOWER: SERITI COAL, KLIPSPRUIT, MPUMALANGA
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL
The role is responsible for ensuring the protection of the company's employees, visitors, and associated property. Protection Officers are tasked with patrolling a designated area, responding to security threats, and instituting a security presence.
- Manage access of people and vehicles.
- Ensure that visitors sign in upon arrival and exit in addition to conducting bag searches at the end of shifts.
- Assist with effective contractors’ supervision
- Secure premises and personnel by patrolling property; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points.
- Prevent losses and damage by reporting irregularities or any suspicious activities to the Senior Protection Officer.
- Ensure quick response to alarms and react in a timely manner.
- Complete reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses; obtaining signatures.
- Maintain environment by monitoring and setting building and equipment controls.
- Contact the relevant authorities if a crime is committed or an accident occurs.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Effectively manage own development
- Matric/Grade 12 or equivalent (NQF level 4)
- National Advanced Certificate/ Equivalent (2 yrs)
- Registered with the Private Security Industry Regulatory Authority (PSIRA) - Minimum Grade B
- Valid Firearm competency certificate
- Minimum 3 years of uninterrupted service within Protection Services / Security or similar role
- In-depth experience as a Security Officer
- Skilled in CCTV surveillance systems and or Security Control Room
- Knowledge of Security systems and processes
- Basic knowledge of relevant legislation including Criminal Procedures Act, Statute Law, Security Officers Act, Law of Evidence, Mine Health and Safety Act & Labour Law
- Be prepared to undergo Behavioural Assessment and Firearm Competency Assessment
- Report writing skills
- In possession of a valid driver’s license
- In possession of a Certificate of Fitness or be able to obtain it
- Studying towards a Security related National Diploma (NQF Level 7)
- Minimum 2 years of team supervisory experience in the Mining industry
- Private Security Industry Regulatory Authority (PSIRA) Grade A
- Safety Course: S1
- Knowledge and understanding of Seriti Coal Policies and Procedures
- Computer literacy
Ref No: VUS_KPS1083/22GS
Closing date: 10 January 2023
Candidates can apply by going to https://seritiza.com/ and click on the ‘Careers’ tab.
Please use the Google Chrome browser when applying to enable the attachment of documents.
A CV with certified copies (certification within a 3-month period) of relevant qualifications, together with ID document & valid driver’s license must be accompanied with your application.
All applicants are thanked for their interest.
Applications which have not been responded to within 30 days of closing date should be regarded as unsuccessful.
Communication will be with shortlisted candidates only.