- Hillcrest, KwaZulu-Natal
- THINK TUBERCULOSIS & HIV INVESTIGATIVE NETWORK NPC
THINK is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by TB and HIV. As a health delivery and research organization, THINK engages with the local community, government consortia, and international funders to provide care for over 100,000 people in KwaZulu-Natal and carry out cutting-edge clinical research that has already contributed to changing treatment guidelines internationally and locally.
THINK is looking for a qualified Project Administrator to support the implementation of THINK projects in eThekwini.
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Ensure that resources are available at all times to complete the work allocated, by assigning the correct person the correct
- Ensure all materials/resources are available for each project
- Facilitate and support with administration of grants
- Plan, schedule and supervise/co-ordinate subordinate activities within a process or service to achieve efficiency and quality goals.
- Coach employees on lower levels to ensure knowledge transfer and skills development to ensure skills availability in the future.
- Build, support and maintain healthy diverse interpersonal relationships and implement remedial actions where required, to ensure the achievement of organisational
- Provide relevant support to applicable stakeholders to ensure team objectives are achieved.
- Develop and monitor the project plan tracker/s.
- Suggest and implement changes to the plan as
- Use project plan to inform cross-functional efforts and drive local day-to-day
- Use project management tools to clearly communicate and organise the following:
- Work streams
- Lessons learned
- Contingency plans
- Coordinate project requirement meetings and workshops with key units and departments
- Consult with the relevant counterparts in DOH, sub recipients as required
- Anticipate the ripple effects of decisions throughout the project plan and adjust accordingly
- Submit consolidated project plan to Line Manager for review
- Monitor projects to ensure deliverables are met and aligned with the project
- Facilitate recurring project meetings and follow up on action plans.
- Monitor project expenditure and costs against planned milestones.
- Identify and monitor risks, implement mitigation actions and escalate when needed.
- Continuously log lessons learned and monitor the quality of deliverables.
- Continuously update the project/program
- Escalate major project issues and risks to Line Manager
- Facilitate change management on the project through engagement with the various stakeholders, inclusive of:
- Facilitation of workshops and training
- Planning for stakeholder
- Identifying support systems required to ensure realisation of benefits per project.
- Liaising with the vendors as directed by finance on resources required
- Maintain project
- Prepare project plans for further deliverables due to a project extension and timeline
- Conduct a reflection post-completion with district teams to develop an end project report for submission and provide recommendations within operations.
- Hand over risks and issues not closed to the identified managers.
- Support site close out and logistics
- Prepare weekly/monthly reports to provide project status updates.
- Prepare contingency plans/alternatives to inform decision making.
- Update the team plans on a weekly/monthly basis and develop work priorities.
- Contribute to reporting on departmental risk.
- Grade 12 - Matric Certificate
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Project management certification ( Advantage)
- 2-5 years’ project coordination experience
- Valid Driver’s License
- Clear criminal record
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment soonest. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date. THINK reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, THINK reserves the right not to make an appointment. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting. THINK is unable to provide relocation assistance.