Professional Nurse - Grade 2 General Nurse
- eThekwini, KwaZulu-Natal
- THINK TUBERCULOSIS & HIV INVESTIGATIVE NETWORK NPC
THINK is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by TB and HIV. As a health delivery and research organisation, THINK engages with the local community, government consortia, and international funders to provide care for over 100,000 people in KwaZulu-Natal and carry out cutting-edge clinical research that has already contributed to changing treatment guidelines internationally and locally.
THINK is looking for qualified Professional Nurses to support the implementation of the THINK ADAPT project in eThekwini South District.
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provide guidance/mentorship to enrolled nurses
- Alignment of Project objectives with THINK Strategic intent
- Ensure the successful implementation of vaccination drive and increase in vaccine uptake
- Provide input for weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting
- Determine clinical suitability for COVID-19 vaccination, including identifying any contraindications
- Assess the client’s readiness for vaccination.
- Conduct clinical assessment, and obtain consent for vaccination.
- Check vaccine before administration and cross-check that vaccine batch numbers are recorded under the correct client.
- Administration of the vaccine to consented and assessed individuals.
- Disposal of Waste as per Waste Management Policy.
- Be alert to and provide appropriate management of Adverse Events
- Maintain COVID-19 Infection Prevention and Control Protocol.
- Ensure that vaccines are stored under specified temperatures.
- Assist with monitoring and recording of refrigerator temperatures.
- Ensure cold chain equipment e.g., cold boxes are in good working order before setting up a vaccination station.
- Estimate daily vaccine requirements before removing vaccines required from the main storage EPI fridge.
- Work with Field Officers, facility nurses, and Community Health Workers to mobilise clients within the facility and community for COVID-19 vaccination
- Ensure timely, accurate and quality collection of data
- Keep track of and achieve ADAPT project targets
- Support field data collection exercises whenever necessary.
- Prepare, compile and sort filled forms for data entry.
- Obtain further information for incomplete documents and update data whenever necessary
- Record, monitor and report Adverse Events
- Maintain a record of activities/ tasks undertaken.
- Respond to requests for information and access relevant files
- Comply with data integrity and security policies e.g., POPIA
- Continuous engagement with DOH facility and outreach team
- Continued internal engagements with District Coordinator and supporting staff
- Participate in internal and external meetings when necessary
- Provide training and development support to Enrolled Nurses
- Capacity building through attending Covid 19 vaccination programs or related topic
- Grade 12 - Matric Certificate
- Degree or diploma in Nursing
- Nursing Qualification or Post Graduate in Public Health qualification or Certificate in Covid Vaccination
- Experience in offering vaccination or outreach services, and experience providing COVID-19 vaccination are added advantages
- Experience with Covid 19 vaccination program
- Valid Driver’s License
- Clear criminal record
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment soonest. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date. THINK reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, THINK reserves the right not to make an appointment. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting. THINK is unable to provide relocation assistance.