Product Specialist/Sales Engineer - VSD
- Cape Town, Western Cape, ZA
- Lotus HR & Recruitment
Our client, and international group of engineering and manufacturing system suppliers, seek to employ a VSD (variable speed drive) sales specialist, to join their dynamic team in Cape Town.
Please note that this role is specific to candidates who have solid working knowledge of VSD, soft starters and related equipment, and who has a background in business development, sales and product support to clients
KEY REQUIREMENTS TO MEET FOR CONSIDERATION
You must be able to work independently and accurately keep records and be proactive in your approach to ensuring the profitability of the company.
- You will have a Electrical or Electronics qualification or trade test in electrical or instrumentation, coupled with 3-5 years experience in sales, business development and product support, specifically in the VSD, soft starters and related equipment.
- You will have a solid understanding of manufacturing processes and be able to assess potential customer needs for equipment or alternatively, be able to troubleshoot existing equipment issues with existing customers.
- You will be adept at managing your time between existing customer relationships, branch support on technical issues and developing new business opportunities
- A strong negotiation capability is essential, coupled with excellent interpersonal and communication efficiency.
- You must have a valid driver’s licence, own car and a clear criminal and credit record
Please note that should you not be currently resident in the region and area advertised but still wish to apply, the cost of travel for interviews and relocation will be for your expense.
Due to the exceptionally high volumes of applications, we are unable to correspond with each applicant personally, therefore only relevant and suitable candidates will be contacted.
Should you not receive any correspondence from our company within 30 days, we regret your application has been unsuccessful.
Should you meet the criteria and wish to apply, kind forward your CV, salary package details and notice period