Procurement Officer: University Estates (post level 13)
- Bloemfontein, Free State
- Bloemfontein, Free State
Job DescriptionJob Title Procurement Officer: University Estates (post level 13) (Job ID: 5048) Organizational Unit University of the Free State -> Vice-Rector: Operations -> Facilities Management -> University Estates Contract Type Permanent Occupational Level Semi-Skilled Location Bloemfontein Campus - Bloemfontein, FS ZA (Primary)
Closing Date 17/2/2023 Description
KINDLY TAKE NOTE: Applications may only be submitted online through the official UFS vacancy website: https://ufs.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll - Applications submitted through any other platform will not be considered.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Create requisitions on PeopleSoft Financials.
- Upload quotations.
- Assist with invoice processing.
- Assist with creating purchase orders when required.
- Collect purchased stock from retailers.
- Manage internal electrical stock.
- Follow up on procurement queries.
- Follow up on work order queries.
- Provide administrative support to section head.
- Perform back-up function for Technical Workshop when assistant is not available.
- Perform back-up function for Facilities Administrative Services as required.
- Report on procurement and work orders as instructed.
- Grade 12 or National Vocational Certificate on NQF level 4
- Valid Code B driver’s license.
- Administrative background in an electrical maintenance environment.
- A minimum of one (1) year’s relevant working experience related to the duties and responsibilities.
- Results Orientated:
- The ability to stick with tasks, not give up, and overcome obstacles in completing one’s task.
- The ability to be reliable, responsible, dependable and to fulfil obligations.
- Strategic thinking
- The ability to deal with several activities at a time.
- The ability to focus on details, work towards perfection, and approach work in a neat and organised manner.
- Business Acumen:
- The ability to adhere to rules and strictly follow work regulations.
- Proficient in using MS Office.
- The ability to maintain high levels of personal motivation, energy and enthusiasm.
- The ability to be cooperative with others, display a good-natured attitude and encourage people to work together.
- Building coalitions:
- The ability to interact with others and establish personal connections with people.
- The ability to make decisions through consultation, collaboration, and working with close supervision.
Assumption of duties:
As soon as possible.
17 February 2023.
The annual remuneration package, including benefits, is R211 391.43 – R354 408.50 per annum, depending on the budget available for the position, relevant work experience and qualifications.
(Subject to specific conditions): pension scheme, medical aid scheme, group life insurance, housing allowance, leave and sick leave, service bonus and study benefits.
For enquiries, please feel free to contact me at 051 401 2979 or email at JardineS@ufs.ac.za or Recruit@ufs.ac.za. Additionally, kindly contact 051 401 9848 / 9810 / 9813/ 9814 for assistance.
The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned act and the employee profile of the specific department/ division.
The UFS is a designated employer and is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity, and redress in achieving its equity targets in accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets. Preference will be given to candidates from the under-represented designated groups including candidates with disabilities.
Our Employment Equity Policy is available at : https://ufsacza.sharepoint.com/:b:/r/sites/supportservices/hr/Employment Equity/EEA13_EE Plan UFS 1 March 2022 (003).pdf?csf=1&web=1&e=TjtoXH
The University processes personal information in line with its obligations under the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA) and any personal information provided to the University will be treated as confidential and processed in accordance with the rights provided to data subjects under POPIA.
The UFS will only consider applications of candidates who meet all the inherent requirements of the position. Applications that are incomplete will not be considered. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Should you not be contacted within six weeks of the closing date for applications, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful