- Cape Town, South Africa
JOB SUMMARY :
The primary function of this role is to provide high-level administrative support to the Procurement Department. An Interior Design or Design related background would be advantageous.
- Local and International Suppliers Relations and Development
- Supplier Library Management
- Quotation Requests, Comparisons, Tenders, Alternatives Sourcing
- Briefing of Manufacturers, Quality control of items in manufacture
- Installation team planning (Local and International), Installation Kit collation
- Monitoring and preparing Procurement & Installation Programmes
- Carry out weekly progress inspections weekly for all goods in production
- Set up & check production progress folder structures, to ensure all references, approved samples, final shop drawings & images are saved correctly
- Issue formal order mails for all local custom items, including final completion dates and arranging scheduled inspections
- Track all orders from purchase order confirmation, through to completion & delivery to site / final destination
- Preparation of Master Order Tracking Sheet for all P&L Projects
- Preparation of Client Delivery Schedules
- Update Order Tracking Master Doc & Delivery Schedules according to all cost / quote updates captured
- Control of all P&L Projects approved sample selections
- Issue weekly production progress image reports to Project Manager's for review & feedback
- Liaise with manufacturers to ensure all snag works are resolved, including problem solving where there may be production issues / concerns
- Manage Quality Control of items in production
- Assist with elements of product development as and when necessary
- Checking quality and accuracy on all product orders, at the factory and on delivery
- Inspection of goods at storage or on site, packaging, labelling
- Monitoring order progress and controlling payment run
- Supplier Maintenance Manuals for Client handovers
- Reviewing OSFP and issuing feedback to Finance Department for payment
- Arranging for all furniture deliveries either to site or storage, the tracking and recording thereof
- Oversee deliveries & installations
- Assisting JPMS, SPMS and Photographers with Media Shoots of completed projects
- Sit in on meetings with Suppliers / Clients with Project Managers
- Assist with team filling when required
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND CRITERIA
- Must reside in Cape Town, with valid driver's license and own vehicle.
- Must have camera / camera phone to take clear, good quality production progress images
- Exceptional level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Discretion and confidentiality are essential to the role.
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to remain calm, multitask and work under deadline driven pressure.
- Ability to build good relationships at all levels and the ability to work well in a team.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Able to manage sensitive and confidential information
- Able to work without supervision, to use initiative and be proactive while working within a team
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload amidst conflicting demands and busy work periods.
- There will occasionally be a requirement to work additional hours which may include weekends.
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of professionalism