Process Relief Operator - Paper Warehouse at Sappi
- South Africa
Sappi Southern Africa
Process Relief Operator – Paper Warehouse (P17)
At Sappi, we are a leading global provider with a reputation for delivering high-quality sustainable Woodfibre products and solutions for the global markets. We lead through our values centred around integrity, courage, making smart decisions which we execute with speed. We are seeking unique people who believe in fostering a diverse and inclusive environment.
We’re on the lookout for an experienced Process Relief Operator Paper Warehouse for the purpose of the relief operator programme, to assist production in reducing overtime by providing leave/training relief.
As a Process Relief Operator Paper Warehouse, you will be responsible for:
• Take and hand over shift.
• Operate process/equipment according to best operating practices.
• Complete section specific interventions/initiatives as planned and agreed for all the identified positions for the specific section.
• Relieve operators and carry out all tasks prescribed for these positions.
• Assist the foreman/operating staff at breakdowns and in the supervision of staff when necessary.
• Ensure accurate reporting by recording all incidents in the shift logbook.
• Report all breakdowns, faulty equipment to foreman.
• Attend progress meetings with the section training representative, line supervisor and/or mentor, coach and act on any remedial action and/or additional requirements.
• Participate in shift activities (5 why problem-solving etc).
• Understand the SHEQ requirements of the job.
• Identify and take corrective action in terms of SHEQ conditions and hazards.
• Comply with all relevant SHEQ requirements.
• Maintain a high level of good housekeeping in the workplace at all times.
• Conduct regular BBS observations.
• Allow current employees to obtain the necessary knowledge and skills (section specific and formal qualification) for his/her current position,
• Allow identified current employees who meet the minimum requirements for his/her current position (section specific and formal qualification) to equip themselves with the knowledge and skills (formal qualification and section specific) for the next position.
What are we looking for?
• N3 Pulp and Paper or Matric with Maths and Science
• Code 08 Licence
• Previous experience as a fork/clamp truck operator will be advantages
What’s in it for you?
• Opportunity to work within a global organisation that continues to thrive in a rapidly changing world even after 80 years of existence
• learning and development programmes to fast-track your career within Sappi
• Opportunities to travel (dependent on upon the role)
• Market leading leave benefits
• Employee wellbeing benefits
Closing Date: 08 February 2023