Process Controller Jobs at Sappi
- South Africa
We are hiring!
At Sappi, we are a leading global provider with a reputation for delivering high-quality sustainable Woodfibre products and solutions for the global markets. We lead through our values centred around integrity, courage, making smart decisions which we execute with speed. We are seeking unique people who believe in fostering a diverse and inclusive environment.
We’re on the lookout for an experienced Process Controller Groundwood to safely and efficiently manage the GW process and operate equipment, to ensure optimum production output and quality at the best cost with minimum downtime, rejections and effluent
As a Process Controller Groundwood, you will be responsible for:
• Perform pre – start inspection according to making sheet and best operating practices
• Start up and shut down the Groundwood according to best operating practices
• Control all visual and physical paper properties except calliper
• Take corrective action whenever problems occur on paper quality
• Report operational problems, abnormal conditions and equipment defects to the Shift Superintendent
• Optimize furnish mixes at all times as directed by production requirement
• Complete exception report on a shift basis and take action on non – conformances
• Check all consistencies and compare with Laboratory results twice per shift – take corrective action on discrepancies
• Check felt and wire cleaning sequence
• Check and correct excessive effluent flows and fresh water make – up
• Perform shut tasks as assigned by Shift Superintendent
• Lock out equipment to be maintained in line with the Mill Lock out procedure
• Lift and move items using an Overhead Crane safely and efficiently
• Record mechanical, electrical, instrumentation or operating downtime in the OEE system
• Ensure adherence to specific Legal regulatory requirements
• Do plant walkabout and inspections and take corrective action where required
What are we looking for?
• Matric Maths & Physical Science plus relevant post matric certificate or relevant NQF 5
• 3 Years NP/GW experience
• Outside Operator licence
What’s in it for you?
• Opportunity to work within a global organisation that continues to thrive in a rapidly changing world even after 80 years of existence
• learning and development programmes to fast-track your career within Sappi
• Opportunities to travel (dependent on upon the role)
• Market leading leave benefits
• Employee wellbeing benefits
Closing Date: 07 February 2023