Plant Operator Jobs at AECI
- South Africa
Closing Date 2023/02/02
Reference Number AEC230119-5
Pillar AECI Water
• Conduct Safety checks, process pre-start-ups, conduct daily routine inspection
• Operate the plant through PLC and correct deviations accordingly
• Ensure that the handover log sheets is completed accurately.
• Perform analysis on plant water samples as required and report if any deviations.
• Carry out visual inspection, screening, weighing, recording and analysing results from specifications
• Ensure accurate production data is captured in the system
• Basic knowledge of operational machinery
• Comply with governance and compliance policies and procedures, work within established policies, systems, procedures, processes and practices
• Comply with Safety, Health and Environment standards
• Ensure safety and health, sustainability and quality standards are maintained.
• Carry out Visual checks on plant and equipment
• Records data, such as Process Inputs and Process Outputs
• Operation of dosing stations and chemical supply
• Ensure effective shut down and start-up of RO plant.
• Maintain good housekeeping standards on the plant.
• Correct storage of equipment and chemical stock.
• Continuously evaluate plant operations for improvement opportunities
• Do CIP on equipment as required to ensure plant efficiency.
• Manage chemical stock level and accurate monitoring of consumption.
• Be prepared to work overtime or respond to call-outs if and when required
Qualifications & Experience
• A minimum qualification of Grade 12/Matric
• Experience in a manufacturing environment would be an advantage
• Ability to concentrate for long periods during repetitive work
• Ability to act quickly when problems arise
• Shift work required