- Giyani, Limpopo
- Anova Health Institute NPC
Anova is an NGO that empowers people and changes lives. Good health and quality of life is what motivates us to provide healthcare solutions and support for those who need it most.
We are looking for Adolescent peer educator to enhance behavioural modification strategies implemented by Anova for Adolescent and Youth Friendly Service (AYFS) program, to focus on health and education, to promote healthy behaviour and prevent risk behaviour in Adolescent. The intervention will focus on case identification, linkage to care and retention strategies meant for strengthening retention outcome for adolescent and young people.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Provide health education, with Anova/DoH teams, to adolescent and youth in focused health facilities
- Create a safe space for adolescent to discuss social and health-related issues affecting them.
- Educate youth on risky behaviour and equip them on knowledge on HIV/SRH at high volume facilities
- Create demand for Prevention services and refer clients
Linkage and Retention Services
- Assist with transitioning adolescent to adult service
- Improve retention in care and clinical outcome for adolescent living with HIV
- Improve access and uptake of HTS and linkage to care by adolescent and young people
- Support facilitation of adolescent groups in AYFS facilities
- Work closely with clinical teams to enhance retention and clinical outcomes
Capacity Building, Engagement and Administration
- Conduct capacity-building activities for the counsellors including the updates on HTS, SRH, TB and ART care to ensure quality procedures are implemented at health facilities
- Serve as a link between adolescent, local clinics, CBOs and other health service within the community
- Maintain record for adolescent and youth supported through the monitoring tools: HCT tested HIV positive, linked into care, SRH and treatment adherence care support
Minimum qualifications, experience and skills required:
- Grade 12 (Matric)
- Local Youth between 19and 30 years of age
- Currently unemployed and not engaged in formal education
- Experience in public speaking and previous leadership roles and advantage
- Good facilitation and writing skills
- Good problem solving
- Punctual reliable and organized
- Knowledge and experience in engaging with adolescent
- Excellent interpersonal and mobilizing skills
- Prior knowledge of HIV/AIDS and recognized HIV counselling certificate will be advantage
- Able to conduct life skills and HIV/AIDS-related discussion groups
- Ability to speak local language (Xitsonga/Sepedi)
Closing date: 16 February 2023
In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto. Preference will be given to persons with disabilities.
Anova Health Institute is a provider of essential health services and therefore has a mandatory vaccination policy. Should your application be successful, you will be required to submit your proof of vaccination before commencing employment in the role.
Applicants who have not been contacted within 4 weeks of submitting their application should assume that they have not been successful.
Unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be paid agency fees should their candidate be placed at Anova.
For more information on Anova visit our website: www.anovahealth.co.za