- Cape Town, Western Cape, ZA
- Cognia Law
Cognia seamlessly extends corporates, banks and law firms’ legal capability to deliver sustainable outcomes. Our goal is to connect the legal sector, moving it from a siloed approach to integrated partnerships.
We help in-house legal teams by bringing simplicity to complex matters and replacing broken procedures with efficient processes.
Cognia is a Chambers-ranked law company which integrates how legal services are provided so our team, partners, clients and communities thrive together with people at the heart of what we do.
We encourage our people to bring their whole self to work and focus on enabling them to realise their full potential.
For more information, please visit www.cognialaw.com
- Junior Associate in PMO Department will be part of continuous Project Management Office efforts supporting Internal and Client initiatives.
- The position encompasses monitoring and reacting to requests coming from business and Project Managers as per PMO processes.
- Overseeing the setup and closure of all projects and actively reporting on their project and people progress and utilisation.
- Monitoring that all projects meet the delivery and performance quality criteria.
- Executing all reporting within the monthly cycle to provide executive leadership with the resource and performance metrics to facilitate client communication and effective decision making.
- Administer Project Management Office (PMO) activities across the project portfolio.
- Preparing various daily, weekly and monthly PMO-related reports.
- Collecting PMO and Project related data from stakeholders.
- Monitoring and reporting on project data and information analysis to escalate inconsistencies and gaps.
- Completing month-end activities as required by the business stakeholders.
- Assisting colleagues in following activities :
- Supporting business and project managers in effective project setup & closure.
- Monitoring the adherence to the project and company quality and time management procedures.
- Generating regular and ad-hoc reports for the management.
- Prompt replies to requests coming from stakeholders.
- Being involved in Project Management Office (PMO) activities in area of Resource on / off boarding.
- Communication with consulting vendors or contractors on regular and ad-hoc basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Good communication skills with advanced English.
- Experienced in MS Office Word, Excel, Powerpoint and preferably MS Project.
- Detail / quality-oriented, organised and analytical.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Strong time-management skills.
- Have a solid understanding of the end-to-end project management life cycle.
- Strong Reporting skills and competent in creating dashboards and reports using various reporting platforms.
- Knowledge of project management tools and techniques.
- Project management certification is advantageous.
- Project Management or PMO experience would be an asset.
- Effectively articulates own views and rationale for them.
- Communicates complex topics / concepts in simple ways.
- Practices active listening.
- Where they do not know the answer, they will be open but then take steps to find out and provide an update.
- Self-starter that is re sults focused.
- Make suggestions for improvement from observations of other areas of the business or from external market.
- Quickly understands complex information and applies it to current situations.
- Adapts to fast-moving work environment where requirement and deadline frequently change.
Bringing the values alive
- Prepares own development plan and takes responsibility for driving it, whilst utilising the resource and opportunities Cognia provides.
- Suggests ways to further reinforce the Cognia values.
- Highlights if other team members are struggling to balance work and wellbeing.
Building strong relationships
- Takes time to understand team members’ pressures in a wider context.
- Publicly acknowledges help from others.
- Actively encourages collaboration with others from across the business in projects.
- Develops network inside and outside Cognia.
- Views work as an opportunity to highlight ability and value to Cognia.
- Retains focus and delivering best outcome.
- Uses own time productively to deliver best outcome.
- Delegates effectively but remains accountable for outcome.
- Keen to take on tasks that benefit the wider business.