PERSONAL ASSISTANT III
- Cape Town, Western Cape
ApplyPERSONAL ASSISTANT III Advert reference: woolw_000494 Advert status: Online Apply by: 24 January 2023
Position SummaryIndustry: FMCG & Supply Management Job category: FMCG, Retail, Wholesale and Supply Chain Location: Cape Town Contract: Permanent Remuneration: Market Related
Are you interested in a Personal Assistant III position in Woolworths Supply Chain and Logistics?
Job descriptionMAIN PURPOSE
To provide a confidential, professional, and comprehensive service to the BU management team, that includes critical business-orientated, secretarial, and administrative support.
Provide an advanced, efficient, confidential administrative service to the BU management team, including travel arrangements, agenda co-ordination, document preparation, screening calls, managing email, office management, presentations, minute taking etc.
- Conduct general housekeeping of to the BU management office to facilitate a professional environment.
- Ensure effective diary management for the General Manager Transport Operations (and other management members where required) by efficiently scheduling appointments and following up on diary requests to ensure appropriate and constructive allocation of time.
- Preparing internal communication on behalf of to the BU management team: Business updates, presentations etc.
- Staying abreast of all current activities within the business and as far as possible, related issues outside Woolworths.
- Timeously follow up on projects and actions delegated by to the BU management to the team.
- Define and analyse problems and select most appropriate course of action to ensure issue is dealt with efficiently and effectively. Channel priority actions to accountable people.
- Deal with end-to-end problem resolution and anticipation of impacts by managing several different tasks simultaneously and prioritising appropriately.
- Build effective relationships with all internal and external key stakeholders to gain an understanding of all stakeholders’ responsibilities and accountabilities e.g., Travel office, facilities, printing, conference vendors etc.
- Assist the Business Unit with coordinating and consolidating activities related to GBJ and BEE for Supply Chain.
- Coordinating road shows and integration with the Business Unit’s with respect to the GBJ and BEE scorecards.
- Integrate with Central Procurement to monitor the Enterprise Development and Supplier Development programmes in Supply Chain.
- Play a large personal customer liaison role that requires the professional resolution and tracking of escalated customer complaints.
- Co-ordinate team events on request e.g., conferences, team building sessions etc.
- Provide team support by preparing presentations and arranging travel on request.
- Assist the Transport Finance Manager with accurately and timeously complete the processing of invoices.
- Conduct the ordering of stationery for the business unit as required.
- Effectively deal with sensitive and confidential information.
- Manage filing system ensuring files are accurately and timeously filed to ensure that it is on hand when requested.
- Manage the Office Cleaning staff.
Minimum requirementsKEY COMPETENCIES
What theoretical knowledge (e.g., degree / diploma) does the job require?
3-Year Secretarial diploma or business orientated diploma or other relevant qualification
What experience (e.g., previous exposure) does the job require?
Minimum 5 years' work experience in a similar role
- Dictaphone typing experience essential
- Shorthand advantageous
- Valid drivers’ license advantageous
- Knowledge and practical working experience on Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint at the Intermediate level is critical
Other job requirements
Ability to work flexible hours in line with the business requirements
The deliverables are not limited to the accountabilities specified in the job advert. These key accountabilities highlight the focus areas of the job. Specific and/or additional deliverables can be requested by management. The key responsibilities and accountabilities may change from time to time in response to changes in business strategy, operational requirements and shift rotation. “As a proud South African brand, Woolworths is committed to transformation. Meeting our employment equity goals will be taken into account in our recruitment decisions.”
Please specify on your CV and/or applications which position you are applying for.
Note: If you have not had a response within 6 weeks of the closing date of this advert, your application has been deemed unsuccessful.
Woolworths is an equal employment opportunity company that is committed to inclusion and diversity