Outside Operator Waste Plant Jobs at Sappi
- South Africa
We are hiring!
At Sappi, we are a leading global provider with a reputation for delivering high-quality sustainable Woodfibre products and solutions for the global markets. We lead through our values centred around integrity, courage, making smart decisions which we execute with speed. We are seeking unique people who believe in fostering a diverse and inclusive environment.
We’re on the lookout for an experienced Outside Operator Waste Plant to ensure a constant supply of pulp to the paper machines at the required quality by following safe working procedures and best practices.
As an Outside Operator Waste Plant, you will be responsible for:
• Maintain correct bale feed ratio of K3:K4 to minimise blockages on re-pulper and yield losses due to un re-pulpable material.
• Ensure continuous supply of pulp at the right quality to PM1 and PM2 by maintaining chest levels to set point and optimum operation of the plant using DCS or correct plant settings as per the operating procedures.
• Conduct plant inspections, raise Sap notifications, and inform and engineering personnel of problem. Keep record of SAP notifications in logbook.
• Liaise with maintenance personal on shift, if and when a breakdown occurs.
• Shut and start up Waste Plant safely as per best practice at a rate to satisfy both PM1 & PM2 draw rates.
• Record downtime and reasons on the OEE system every shift.
• Ensure RCA first page is completed with information on an event before end of shift.
• Continually adjust equipment within stated operating procedures to control stock throughput, consistency, pressures, quality and chest levels.
• Control and minimize effluent on a daily basis.
• Arrange and ensure removal of rejects bins by Inter Waste.
• Liaise with PM1 / PM2 personnel on draw rates to arrange rugger removal and urgent incidental shut work (e.g. repair on leaking cleaner cones).
• Ensure dosing chemical at waste plant is in sufficient supply and are dosed at the correct dosing rate.
• Perform isolations, gas test and issue work permit as required by work to be carried out in the plant by production or engineering personnel.
What are we looking for?
• N3 Pulp and Paper or Matric with Maths and Physical Science
• 1-3 years relevant production experience
What’s in it for you?
• Opportunity to work within a global organisation that continues to thrive in a rapidly changing world even after 80 years of existence
• learning and development programmes to fast-track your career within Sappi
• Opportunities to travel (dependent on upon the role)
• Market leading leave benefits
• Employee wellbeing benefits
Closing Date: 03 February 2023