Ops Specialist: Audit - CIT (Large Business International).
- Cape Town, Western Cape, ZA
- Amasiko Group
About the position
To contribute to the collection of revenue, protect the economy and people of South Africa. We believe that your skills, commitment, and dedication will add value and make a difference to the organization and country.
Integrity is key to the organization.
To independently plan and conduct complex CIT audits within multiple periods and with multiple risks, understanding the risk implications across other tax types, in compliance with all legislative requirements to contribute to revenue collection by issuing additional assessments for corporate and large business organizations.
Education and Experience
Minimum Qualification & Experience Required
Relevant Bachelor's Degree / Advanced Diploma (NQF 7) AND 5-7 years experience in a CIT audit environment, of which 2-3 years ideally at functional specialist audit level conducting CIT-related tax audits
Senior Certificate (NQF 4) AND 10 years in CIT audit experience
Job Outputs : Process
- Be observant and engage in possible violations of procedures and standards of conduct and escalate where necessary.
- Effectively utilize resources allocated to the job in order to perform contracted work outputs and report on and escalate any shortfalls.
- Plan and conduct multiple tax audits on a risk profile basis to ensure compliance with the relevant acts.
- Lead, plan and conduct full scope (integrated) audits to ensure compliance and report on findings and recommendations.
- Plan and organize own work tasks within the area of work.
- Identify and resolve queries and problems timeously, and apply discretion in line with the process guidelines provided.
- Execute specialist input through investigation & opportunities within the production process including risk concerns.
- Provide specialist input through the investigation of opportunities for operational and process product and risk optimization.
- Plan for value-added process improvements, initiatives, and services to deliver on operational strategy and objectives.
- Correctly apply policies, practices, standards, procedures, and legislation in the delivery of work outputs.
- Draw on your own knowledge and experience to diagnose symptoms, causes, and possible effects in order to solve emerging problems.
- Initiate process and procedural change, implement the change, and provide guidelines and support related to new requirements as a result of the change.
- Accumulate information to review work progress that provides input to reporting, decision-making, and the identification of improvement opportunities.
- Apply practical and applied knowledge and act authoritatively on methods, systems, and procedures to identify trends and potential risks.
- Communication of situational interpretation and judgment of work outputs and queries in the area of specialization
Implement and provide input into the development of governance, compliance, integrity, and ethics processes within the area of specialization
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with peers and team members to achieve predefined objectives.
- Search for, integrate and share new knowledge attained through formal and informal learning opportunities in the execution of your job.
Adhere to organizational policies and procedures to ensure cost-effectiveness and reduction of financial costs.
- Planned, conducted, and lead full-scope (integrated) audit to ensure compliance and report on findings and recommendations.
- Contribute to a culture of service excellence, which builds positive relationships and provides opportunities for feedback and exceptional service
- Provide authoritative, specialist services, expertise, and advice to internal and external stakeholders
- Honesty and Integrity
- Problem-solving and analyses
- Fairness and Transparency
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Ability
- Drive for Results
- Persuasion Ability
- Attention to Detail
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Organizational Awareness
- Building Sustainability
- Grade of Clearance : Confidential
- Functional Policies and Procedures
- Analysis and Interpretation of Financial Statements (FS)
- Business Knowledge
- Efficiency improvement
- Audit methodology
- Quality Orientation
- Customer Liaison
- Problem Analysis and Judgement
- Planning and Organising
- Business Acumen
- Risk Identification