Operator (Explosives Truck) - Piketberg (Western Cape)
We are recruiting for a Truck Operator to load holes with explosive products utilising a mixer-placer truck, according to BME standards.
Responsible for truck inspection and maintenance. A successful candidate must have a Matric with Maths and Code 14 Drivers License with Dangerous Goods Permit.
Clean Criminal Record and must be recommended on Vienna Test System (Advanced Driving).Qualifications
- Grade 12 with Maths
- Code 14 - In possession of a Professional Driving Permit (PDP) - Dangerous Goods and Passengers permit (DGP)
- Dover Test
3 years Truck Driving experience (preferably in mining a environment) in driving heavy duty vehicles (EC1)
Engage the pumping process and loading the holes according to the design specs while ensuring all prescribed SHERQ requirements are
- Carry out an inspection of all the holes and measures and records them to ensure that they are drilled to the correct depth.
- Report any out of spec holes to blaster.
- Do calculations to determine the correct mass of product to be loaded in each hole and reports any discrepancies to with the Foreman.
- inspect all the pumps and settings prior to commencing with the pumping process.
- Take a sample of the product and then analyses it to assess the product density prior to commencing the charging process.
Truck inspection, repairs and maintenance
- Conduct the prescribed pre-use inspections and completion of the checklist prior to use of the truck.
- Ensure that immediate corrections or repairs have to be brought about before driving off when any problems in the red category are
Make necessary corrections or repairs in the event of detecting any problems in the blue category, on site if possible, otherwise to report
this for correction within 24 hours.
- Sign the checklist and ensures that it is also signed by the Foreman and the mechanic.
- Calibrate the instrumentation on the truck plant to ensure that all metrics remain correct or after major repairs were done on the vehicle,
- Clean the vehicle on an ongoing basis so that it is presentable in the eye of the public and takes personal pride in it.
- Complete Truck Performance administration on a daily basis
- captures and signs off the truck on a weekly basis.
- calibrates the sample required scale on a daily basis.
- Driving the truck safely and responsibly in all weather conditions and on all road surface conditions when picking up or delivering product to the blasting site, responsible for.
- ensures that all the prescribed legal paperwork is in truck (e.g., copies of manufacturing permits, CTP, TTP, as stated in work instruction).
Supervise the work of the Truck Assistant.
- Truck driving skills under all road conditions
- Numerical skills
- Attention to detail
- Mechanical ability (advantageous)
- Interpersonal skills
- Trouble shooting (Fault finding)
- Communication skills (verbal)
- Safety Conscious
- Quality Conscious
- Team Working
- Driving heavy duty vehicles
Candidates from the Khumani King and approved areas will be given a first preference for these roles. Candidates must submit all the required documents for application e.
g. Updated CV, Matric Certificate, Professional Driving Permit (PDP), Dangerous Goods and Passengers permit (DGP), ID Copy, Tax Number, Current / latest payslip, Proof of Address.